Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Two Layer Slider in Header

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wanda 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wanda
    Participant

Hi I am using weaver Xtreme

Is it possible to have a two layer slider? eg the header is a slider which has another slider over it. Would that be possible using slider one in the header and slider 2 in the header widget area?  Or just easier to make a two layer video on another programme and add a video to the header?

Can I put a slider in the background?

Can I put a video in the background?

Can I use different backgrounds for different pages?

Can I use different headers for different pages?

Is it possible to have the mini menu  on the same line as the primary menu?

Is Weaver plus needed to do any or all of the above?

thanks Wanda

scrambler

Everything is possible, just may take more or less custom work 🙂

To overlay both, you could set up the bottom layer with the header options (see below), then use the Header HTML Area for the second layer. Once in place we can help with Custom CSS to move that over the header.

Can I put a slider in the background?

There is no built in function to use a slider as the header, but there is a header HTML replacement box that can be used to drop a slider in there.

Main options > Header > Header Image > Header HTML replacement.

or

Customize > Images > Header Media (Layout)

Can I put a video in the background?

Yes there is a built in function to use a video as the header image, this is actually a natively supported feature by WordPress in the customizer, and weaver as a few option on how to use it

Customize > Images > Header media (image, video) to select the viodeo

then

Customize > Images > Header Media (Layout)  for the options

Can I use different backgrounds for different pages?

If you have the Plus plugin, the header image HTML replacement and the Video are available in the page options > Xtreme Plus tab

Can I use different headers for different pages?

Same as above

Is it possible to have the mini menu  on the same line as the primary menu?

We can probably do that with some custom HTML. Post back with a link to the site with both in place.

Is Weaver plus needed to do any or all of the above?

yes see above

Weaver
    Keymaster

Well, I looked at this and found a fairly easy to modify Weave Xtreme Plus code to allow this fairly simply for a BG Video. BUT – it would require a new release of Weaver Xtreme, which is not likely to happen soon just for this modification. But, it CAN work like this (I did it):

1. Create a BG Video for the header. This is an option in the Appearance : Header menu, and uses the built-in WordPress header video native support. (and which is essentially not supported by most other themese – it seems to have never caught on, but is supported by Weaver Xtreme.)

2. Create a short code of the slider to overlay that video.

3. In the not-yet-released version of Weaver Xtreme, paste the shortcode into the Weaver Site Logo/HTML option in the Header area. AND, check the move Title/Tagline over the header option. The Weaver Site Logo was added before WordPress added its own logo support, and works differently than the built-in logo. This has its own class, so you can either add custom CSS to size/place the shortcode slider, or add inlilne styling directly the the option.

So, with the not released version, it is not too difficult to combine a bg video with a custom logo/html segment. The actual change in Weaver Xtreme required to do this was to filter the custom Logo HTML through do_shortcode, which probably should have been done all along. (And that option probably should be renamed something else.)

BUT,  I have not seen a plugin that can create multiple layered slide shows. There are some newer slide shows that can make quite nice bg images with all sorts of text effects layered on top.

And, and entirely different approach would be to build your entire header with a page builder or the block editor, and then replace the standard header with that version. This is a fairly new option, and allows VERY nice custom headers.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Follow up: I actually need to do a WP 5.3 update for Weaver Xtreme, so the shortcode processing for the Header Logo/HTML option will be included in that. This will probably happen shortly – this week sometime, or early next week.

wanda
    Participant

Thanks I will work on the site some more

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.