Home Forums Showcase Travel photography site using Weaver Xtreme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bobthearch 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bobthearch
    Participant

http://www.placesandpics.com
    This is a new travel photography website created with Weaver Xtreme.  It’s a personal website, completely non-commercial.  I started with the “kitchen sink” sub theme and made a few changes to it.  The color scheme is taken directly from elements in the photos.
    Website width is 1200px, and the standard image width for the pages is 900px.
    Plug-ins that I found useful for this site include Media File Manager, Huge IT Slider, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Widget Customizer, WP Sitemap Page, and Feature a Page Widget.

I’m happy to answer any questions, and I welcome feedback and suggestions.

The technical aspects of WordPress and Weaver X are mostly within my understanding, and I think the basics (navigation, features, site-wide consistency, etc) are OK; my deficiency is obviously a lack a creativity in the web page design and layout.  It took me weeks just to pick a website name.  🙁

Gillian

The site looks very nice 🙂  Just one comment about the breadcrumbs – black text on the darkish green background is very hard to read.

It’s nice to read about and see photos of Mudgee and Singleton in my home state.  Is it just a coincidence that you ended up in winegrowing areas :-))

Bobthearch
    Participant

Thanks.  I knew the blue and red didn’t jump out from the green, but I figured not many people use that feature anyway.  It’s there if they look for it…  You’re right though, I will investigate other color options to replace the green.  FYI, the blue and red are taken from a photo of a colorful Australian bird and the green is from a fern leaf.

I work for a small geophysical company that does consulting for the mines.  Is it a coincidence that so many people grow wine grapes in coal mining areas?   🙂
    It’s probably no coincidence at all; there seems to be vineyards everywhere in Australia.

What town are you in, generally speaking?  I have many pages to add yet, perhaps there’ll be a page of photos from there.

Gillian

Hi Bob

I’ve been a Sydney girl for many years now, but was born and bred in Wollongong 🙂
    And, yes, vineyards are everywhere – you can work your way around Australia visiting them :-))

Bobthearch
    Participant

G’day.  I’ve spent time in Wollongong and Sydney, but have few pictures from those places.  And I’m more interested (personally) in small out-of-the-way parks and locations.  In the works though is a slideshow of NSW lighthouses that may contain photos from each of those cities.

Thank you for the feedback.  I have switched to a lighter green for the breadcrumb container.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.