Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Transition Sidebar Widgets from Weaver ii pro to xtreme

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)
  • Author

iBluefoot
    Participant

I am updating an old site and am noticing that ii pro has primary, upper/right, and lower/left widgets. I used all three of these and have 20px margins separating them. In Xtreme, with only primary and secondary widgets in the sidebar, I can not get the three area to be divided as I liked. Is there a means to move a different widget there, or add a margin to the items within the widget?

iBluefoot
    Participant

Oops, forgot these

ii pro:
    http://zodigo.dragonflower.ink/

xtreme:
    http://dragonflower.ink/zodigo/

Also, the top item in the widgets seem to not be formatting correctly

Weaver
    Keymaster

That capability does not exist in Weaver Xtreme.

I have not tried this, but how about putting the transparent BG on each individual widget (no bg on the widget area), and then putting all 3 widgets nto the primary widget area.

iBluefoot
    Participant

I thought that would be the solution. I’m working on it.

Any idea why the javascript isn’t working for the date calculator on the top? It works fine as a shortcode insertion in ii pro

scrambler

The developer tool does report a javascript syntax error, how did you insert it, with a shortcode or html?

If HTML use a custom HTML widget instead of a text widget

iBluefoot
    Participant

I’m using the shortcoder. Comparing the source code for each page reveals that the xtreme version is inserting <.p.> and <./.p.> all over the code

(added periods so the code would show)

iBluefoot
    Participant

The custom HTML widget won’t save because it says te syntax is wrong, but it is the same syntax that functions in ii pro

scrambler

WordPress is inserting the p in the text widget. This is why if you are inserting HTML it needs to go in the Custom HTML widget.

Now I don’t see why a shortcode in a custom HTML widget would not work.

EDIT: I made a simple shortcode with the shortcoder with the following content

<div style="background:red;width:100px;height:100px">XXXXXXX</div>

And inserted in a Custom HTML widget it works fine.

So double check your HTML for any syntax error, and if you don’t find any, you need to give us the content of the shortcoder HTML (remember to set it as “preformatted” style in this forum editor, so it does not get executed) so we can see what could cause the issue.

The fact that it works in weaver II does not mean anything regarding a potential HTML syntax error, as these will cause unpredictable results which varies on the context and the browser.

@weaver, do you know if a shortcode created from the Xtreme shortcoder should work in a WP custom HTML widget?

iBluefoot
    Participant

receiving error message, even in preformatted mode

iBluefoot
    Participant

Here is a basic HTML with the javascript in the body. It works fine here.

http://dragonflower.ink/Scripts/zodicalc.html

scrambler

The error on the forum is because of the script, it is filtered as a safety issue….

I copied your script and HTML from the page you linked to (the content of the script tag and of the following div tag

Put that into a shortcode using the shortcoder named the shortcode  mytest

Then inserted the shortcode inside a Custom HTML widget using

[shortcoder id="mytest"]

and I get no error.

It is in the sidebar of the test site below

https://www.nicolatrwst.com/testnicola/

iBluefoot
    Participant

I deactivated nearly all the plugins and that solved the javascript! I am still activating them one at a time to see who the offender was.

Now I am almost done converting the page to Xtreme. I still need to get the sidebar margins to work.

What is the best way to add custom margins to the primary widget area?

iBluefoot
    Participant

Or better yet, how do I add a 20 px right margin for the content area?

When add {margin: 0 20px 0 0;} to the css of either content or similar to primary widget, it bumps the primary widget to the next row.

iBluefoot
    Participant

Okay, here is the situation of the final corrections needed. Sorry about the poorly asked questions above.

I have two of the three parts of my sidebar in the primary. Those two have the custom CSS and spacing I desire, the third element I still have in the secondary widget because that widget I have in that one does not offer a shortcode option. I want to have the same margin I have achieved with the two in the primary widget, but without the widget being dropped down to another row.

Is this possible?

scrambler

You need to follow the same logic, do not put the background on the widget are but on the widget, so you can have the margin on that too.

• Set all the padding on the secondary widget area to zero
    • Remove the background color on the secondary widget area
    • Add the rule below in the Theme Global Custom CSS rule box to add the background color and margin to the widget

#sfsi-widget-5 {margin-left:20px;background color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);}

You can find the selector for the widget by using your browser developer tools

iBluefoot
    Participant

Thanks Scambler, that did the trick!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.