Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme This is a test post via user switching

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

This is a test post using User Switching to see if Patti can create a new post from a different IP.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@Patti – I just created this post using a plugin that allows Admins to appear to be you. When I posted this, none of bbPress should have been able to see and difference between your real account, and the admin assumed login id. As you can see, the post was created. I will try to see if your IP appears in any of the forum’s security plugins.

This is a huge puzzle.

Patti
    Participant

It just happened to me again @weaver. I tried to start a new discussion & received the same error. UGH Am I the only one this is happening to? I need some help with another site of mine & I’m not finding the answers in The Guide or in this forum. But if I can’t start a new discussion then what am I supposed to do?

scrambler

Post here and I will Split the thread to its own

Patti
    Participant

@weaver Happened for the FOURTH time today! Posted THREE notes on the thread & ONE here & they’ve all disappeared! What’s going on? Do you know?

scrambler

I have not had any problem lately so I am really not sure.

@weaver
    , I do notice a pattern here where every time she makes a posts and it disappear, it does trigger the New post in thread visual on the thread, so your plugin catches the fact there is a new post, but the post gets deleted/lost, and so when I open the thread, there is no new post.

So it does sound like something is on occasion deleting new posts. I have had it in the past happen to me.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I really have no idea what is going on, nor how to fix it.

@Patti

If you have an alternate email address you could use for the forum, I would suggest that you create a new forum account with a new user name (and WP doesn’t allow duplicate email addresses), and try posting with the new account.

The only think I can think of is that something associated with your Patti account in the user database or posts database has been corrupted.

Patti
    Participant

@weaver

I have an alternate email but would it matter? Wouldn’t it be based on my IP address instead?

Patti

travincult
    Participant

Now I try to post in this thread to see if I suceed….

I am still unable both to start a new discussion (I keep on getting the ‘You cannot reply to this topic’), as well as to post in an already existing thread (at least when I already have posted once before in that thread). However, I have now twice since December experienced that I could reply just once in an existing thread which I hadn’t posted in before – but when I try the second time, I am now allowed to. And I have at no moment been able to start a new discussion.

What I most recently tried to post is the following: (maybe you could help me per email – or open a new thread for me – if you read it):

• Can you help with CSS code to enlarge all featured images on single post pages – for instance on this page: https://travelinculture.com/san-gimignano-italy/ – (going a bit beyond/wider than the rest of the post)? I have tried in various ways – but without success. I only want to do it for featured images – not any other images. How do I identify featured images in CSS code?
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.