Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Theme Upgrade has gone wrong

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    annieb
    Participant

I saw an upgrade for the Weaver Xtreme theme in the WordPress admin today so I chose to upgrade. Now I cannot access the traditional Weaver Xtreme admin. Is this expected behaviour? When I click on the link I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare weaverx_loadtheme() (previously
    declared in
    /home/ambwebuk/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/admin/admin-lib-ts.php:606)
    in /home/ambwebuk/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/admin/admin-core/admin-saverestore.php on line 221

I think perhaps I shouldn’t have upgraded because I’d previously downloaded the version 2.0 beta.

I don’t understand how php works so I have no idea what to do to fix this. I’m hoping someone might be able to help me.

Gillian
    annieb
    Participant

Thanks Gillian. I’m glad I’m not the only one. Hopefully there will be a fix.

scrambler

I suspect the issue is in the latest version of the Theme support plugin, if you have the version prior to the 1.10, try reinstalling that

scrambler

I just recovered from reinstalling the last version 1.9.7 available on WordPress

https://wordpress.org/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/developers/

I use the easy theme and plugin upgrades plugin to install the version after deleting the 1.10 one

annieb
    Participant

Hi Scrambler. I have the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin but how do I delete version 1.10 first please?

scrambler

Go to the Plugin page, first deactivate the weaver Xtreme Theme support plugin, then Delete it completely

annieb
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. When I go to install the 1.9.7 version using the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin, do I choose No or Yes beside ‘Upgrade existing theme?’ I was working on my theme recently and don’t have a final backup of all my theme settings. Will I lose all of my customizations by doing this?

scrambler
    Given you should have deleted the previous version, no need to say Yes for upgrade, but Y or N will work in this case.
    It is only when you upgrade an existing plugin that you must say Yes
    You will not loose any setting reinstalling a plugin or a theme. All settings are saved in the database and automatically restored when a theme or a plugin is activated
    annieb
    Participant

Thanks very much for your patience. I’ll give it a go.
    Annie

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver Xtreme RC2 is now available: http://weavertheme.com/download/?did=34

scrambler

RC2 and Xtreme theme support latest 1.10 working fine here 🙂

Gillian

.. and here 🙂

annieb
    Participant

Yes, I too have updated my theme to the RC2 version and all is working. Many thanks.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry about that….

It was a failure to test on my part – I focused on being sure the new plugin worked on 1.3, and just missed testing on RC1.

annieb
    Participant

No need to apologise. I’m only too grateful for all the work that goes into this theme.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.