Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Text color not matching the theme options in editor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    StrangeChild
    Participant

I am stumped and I don’t know if this is a Weaver issue or not.

All of my fonts are set to be white. The background is black.

Things look fine on the front end, but in the editor the text for regular paragraphs is black. My client has to set the color to white to see what he’s doing. I went through all of the Weaver font options to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I used Firefox’s inspect and can edit the CSS there and get the text to appear white with a number of different selectors BUT it doesn’t work with any of them if I add the custom CSS to the Weaver global options.

Can anyone point me in a direction for tweaking this for them? I’d just use the code editor but my client prefers Gutenberg.

scrambler

You will need to provide more details about what element / area has a background set to black and what text is set to white in the theme options, as well as provide a link to the page displaying these.

Also are you seeing background and text properly in the classic editor and the problem is when using the block editor?

If so what block(s) are not displaying the background and text with the proper colors?

StrangeChild
    Participant

The content background area is set to black. Text is set to white. I have set it this way everywhere on the site but the primary menu. (Unless I missed something and I’m welcome to hearing what that is.)

I can’t provide a link because this is happening in the backend, for editing posts and pages. I can provide screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jdawomgkofym29/AABkrNqBjdEtSJPfAa_-K3uja?dl=0

Here is proof that the page looks fine on the front end, at least in Firefox and Chrome.

Testing the editor settings

It is only an issue in the editor, even though we have “use theme styles” turned on in preferences.

We’re not using the classic editor at all. We’re using the block editor.

This is happening with the standard paragraph block.

scrambler

I cannot reproduce the issue on my test site

With content BG set as black and text to white, a page content using the paragraph block shows properly

With Post BG set as Black and post text to white, a post editing page with a block shows properly

Check that in Advanced options > Admin options, nothing is checked in Basic Admin options.

Also try deactivating ALL non weaver plugin temporarily to see if the issue goes away.

StrangeChild
    Participant
    • I deactivated all 3 non weaver plugins and it didn’t fix the issue.
    • Nothing is checked in Basic Admin options.

StrangeChild
    Participant

UPDATE: I switched to a subtheme and started going through adding my customizations. I refreshed the edit page after each change. Everything was fine until I started setting the type to be the Google font I wanted.

I had added the Google font “Benne” and apparently, that was causing the conflict. I switched to one of the built-in Google fonts and the colors work fine.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Styling the editor based on options has always been difficult, and is still fairly unique to Weaver Xtreme over other themes.

The biggest issue is when custom CSS is added, and adding new fonts is essentially the same as adding other custom CSS.

To get around this, there is an option that puts the editor into basic, default styling so that you can at least read the content.

Legacy Interface: Advanced Options -> Admin Options -> Disable Page/Post Editor Styling

Customizer: General Options & Admin -> Admin -> Disable Page/Post Editor Styling

StrangeChild
    Participant

Excellent! THANK YOU!

My client has a few more sites he wants to make and I’m sure this will come up again.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@StrangeChild,

Well, I think this actually may be a bug that I’ve just discovered.

So, questions:

1. Which editor – classic or block (or both)? I think that the fg/bg colors for the block editor have been broken a while.
    2. Did you add new google fonts using the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin? I think the editors should support new fonts added that way. I will be testing that soon, but was wondering what workflow you used to reveal the problem.

Thanks.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I believe that Weaver Xtreme 4.4.8 fixes the font/color in the block editor issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.