Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Text and Button Overlay on Header Image Area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leigh2018
    Participant

Hello, I am just wondering for Xtreme what the options (if more than one) are for putting text and/or button over the top of an image used in the header area. Thanks so much!

scrambler

There are various method that could be used in conjunction with Custom CSS

To be more precise, please provide a link to the site with specifics about where the text/button would be and what would the behavior be on mobile.

Private Reply
    Leigh2018
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

Two side to this.

First the content. The content would have to be created either with HTML or using a shortcode to something like a plugin slider. For a link button, if you have the Plus Plugin, you can create these using the Plus options and insert it using a shortcode.

As far as placing the content over the header image, you could use the Header HTML area (Main options > Header > Header HTML), put your HTML or shortcode in there.

There we can move that content over the Header Image using CSS. So the CSS will only be used for the placement, not for changing the content.

The CSS could go in the Header HTML BG CSS+ box and look something like below

{position:absolute;top:10%;text-align:center;}

We can fine tune the CSS once everything is in place

Leigh2018
    Participant

Thanks, Scrambler, for those options. Since my main concern is my clients needing access to change that text over the header image in the future (for sales, events, etc) and they may not come back to hire me for maintenance (which is super ok), I am wondering if the suggesting the Weaver upgrade to the Plus is the answer for them? Is there basically and easy “check box” of sorts to add text that would then “float” over the header image that even beginner users could find and adjust easily?

scrambler

Once you have setup and styled the first text, all they have to do when the text needs changing, is go to Main options > Header > Header HTML > Header HTML content box,  and replace the text in that box, so I don’t see how it could be simpler. 

No matter how simple it would be, it would require to go to a specific place and change the text which is exactly what the above requires.

Leigh2018
    Participant

Yes that does sound simple! I have never used Weaver Xtreme Plus edition so I really had no idea that you had a box for the text – thought it was all CSS and people who don’t know that is get very confused. Now to get them to upgrade. I sure try. I even suggest the donate to you all. Hopefully they do!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.