Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Switching a site to Weaver Xtreme

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    toonin99
    Participant

I am taking over a site that was started using another template, and switching over to Weaver Xtreme. I’m having trouble getting the weaver menu bar to look like the other template’s menu bar, and it seems like it should be a fairly easy fix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a link to the old site: https://www.mybigfatsites.com/

Here’s a link to the new Weaver Xtreme site: https://crittercuts4paws.com/

scrambler

You are almost there.

You probably want the menu to be full width by choosing “align full” in the menu align area dropdown list.

You probably want to reduce the height of that logo on the left using the option for it to something like 4.5 em

Then you may want to add padding to it by adding the custom CSS rule below to the Theme Global Custom CSS rule box

.menu-primary .custom-logo-on-menu img {padding:1em;}

Once the logo has the proper height and padding, you may need to align the menu vertically by using the method explained in the guide article below

Menu Bar: Advanced Customizations – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

You will need to clean the logo image as it appears to have a slight discolored edge.

Once all that is done we can fine tune

Best Answer
    toonin99
    Participant

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Thanks Scrambler! I’ve been looking through the Menu Bar: Advanced Customizations – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com) but I can’t find a way to make the menu bar shorter. Is the height determined by the size of the logo and menu fonts, or can I make it shorter.

Also, the client want several nested dropdowns on the menu, and I’m concerned that it might be hard to read. Other than changing colors to differentiate the various dropdowns, can I change the dropdown font size or something to minimize all the busyness?

You can see what I mean at https://crittercuts4paws.com/

Thanks again!

scrambler

The actual height of the menu bar is the height of the image, you can see it after you scroll a bit. so if you need it tighter, crop the black top and bottom of your logo image.

But you do have some black under the menu bar before you scroll. That space it the top padding of the content area as set in Main options > Content area > Space between title and content. Put a zero there.

There is also 0.4em as margin tgop default on the image. Depending how you inserted the image, you could add a margin-top:0 as inline style, or I can give you a custom CSS rule to do the job

You can change the Font-size of the Sub menu by adding the CSS rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#nav-primary ul ul li {font-size:80%;}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.