Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sub pages not showing on menu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jasmol
    Participant

UNLESS the WordPress dashboard has been logged in on the same computer the sub pages are not visible in menu

The main page is showing.

scrambler

Please provide a link to the site

Also, have you created your menu using a WordPress Custom Menu in Appearance > menu?

If you did, have you allocated the menu to either primary or secondary (which one)

Does the menu allocated to primary or secondary (whichever is being used) contains the sub pages?

Private Reply
    Jasmol
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

You did not create your menu using a WordPress Custom Menu, so you need to do that.

In the Dashboard > Appearance > Menu, create a menu by giving it a name

Next select all the pages that need to appear in this menu and arrange them in the sequence and hierarchy you want

Next check the box “Primary Navigation” In the menu setting at the bottom of that page

Finally Save your menu.

Then your site should display the menu you just created.

You can find tutorials on line for more details on WordPress Custom Menus.

Jasmol
    Participant

Hi.  I tried that.  The site is still not displaying the menu.  Could you please take another look.

Thanks

Jeff

scrambler

I see a menu named condell, is that the name of your Custom Menu, and does that menu have more than the 3menu item we see?

That menu appear to have 3 top menu item, and a lot of sub menu under product which do not show up on the site, because something is messing up the menu scripts that open the sub menu

Two things could be responsible for that.

Are you using any JS / CSS optimization plugin, or a plugin with a JS / CSS optimization option.
    If so, you need to deactivate that because it usually breaks the theme Scripts which are already optimized.

Next you can also deactivate ALL non weaver plugins temporarily and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then reactivate one by one to find the culprit

Jasmol
    Participant

The problem lay with the the  SiteGround Optimiser Plugin. SiteGround support is usually excellent. I’ll contact them about it.

Thank you so much for your excellent guidance.

Jeff Smollan.

scrambler

You must not optimize any of the theme JS or CSS.

So if you need to optimize other things, you need to check if they allow you to exclude all the theme CSS and JS file from their optimization.

Jasmol
    Participant

Hi. I have put in a support ticket to SiteGround. I’m awaiting a reply.

Another question:  Is it possible to move the primary menu to the extreme left of the screen, and if so, how?

Thanks, Jeff

scrambler

Chose “Align Full, Items Left” In the primary menu Align option.

This will make the menu full width inside the browser

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.