Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sub menu question

Topic Resolution: Resolved
  • This topic has 50 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Patti.
Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    scrambler

Main Options > Header > Hide search header dropdown list 🙂

Patti
    Participant

Is there some kind of reason why you’re not helping me anymore @scrambler?

I’d really like to get this website finished but can’t do that unless I fix those two issues.

scrambler

@patti, not sure what you are saying, you last question was about how to hide the search menu on your tablet and I gave you the answer at the top of this page.

I had not seen the follow up question on centering the copyright, but what do you mean by that as there is the privacy policy on the right, do you mean center between the left and the privacy policy?

Patti
    Participant

I already said that I have the tablets & phones hidden when I go to Main Options > Header > Hide Search. That’s why I posted my message in the first place. I don’t understand why the search is hidden on phones but not on tablets.

As for the footer, I don’t have a clue why the “Privacy Policy” is in the footer because I didn’t put that link there & it has nothing to do with my copyright! So how do I get rid of it? Do you know? Because I’m sure that’s the reason that I can’t center my copyright in the footer.

scrambler

OK so the hide on devices is based on resolution (Tablet is below 768px wide), so some tablet have large enough resolution, especially in landscape to be considered desktop.

We could add CSS to hide on resolution larger than that but that will also mean that on some smaller browser it will be hidden too. the rule would look like

@media all and (max-width:1000px){
    #header-search {display:none;}
    }

and adjust the value to what you need

If the issue is Ipad, we can use CSS to hide it on ios and ipad devices.

I think the privacy policy link is added if you have defined a privacy page in WordPress, check if you did that.

Also check if you have checked the “proudly powered by” box at the bottom of Main Options> Footer page.

Once that part is gone, you can use the guide article below to center the copyright

Alignment: Title – Tagline – Copyright – Credits…

Patti
    Participant

Thanks for your assistance & guidance!

I just want to get rid of the “Search” magnifying glass on the tablets. Not the entire header area. Or more specifically on the iPads. I don’t know whether it shows up on any other tablets or not because the only thing I have is an iPad.

Yes, I have a Privacy Policy page & I’m supposed to have it. At least according to the WordPress rules. Because my site will be collecting data & cookies from any visitor to my site. Not to mention that it’s required by the FTC & the GDPR. So I can’t get rid of it.

Yes, I have that box checked, the one that says I don’t want the “Powered By Weaver Xtreme.”

Patti
    Participant

I should’ve added that I do need the Privacy Policy page but I don’t want that link at the bottom of my site. Any idea how I can get rid of it?

scrambler

I don’t see an option to do that, but adding the CSS rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box will do it

#site-generator {display:none;}

Then you can use the guide article I referenced above to center your Copyright

Patti
    Participant

Yay! Everything you suggested for the footer worked just great @scrambler! Thanks much!

Now, how am I to hide the “Search” magnifying glass, from tablets/iPads? Any clue? Or should I just ignore it & go about my day as if it didn’t bug the heck out of me?

scrambler

I told you how to hide it based on resolution

@media all and (max-width:1000px){
    #header-search {display:none;}
    }

You can hide it on ios with

.is-ios #header-search {display:none;}

That should cover Ipad (do make sure you updated the theme to the latest version from a few days ago.

Patti
    Participant

I apologize. I thought that the CSS was going to hide my entire header area. I just added it to my “fonts & customs” & it (finally) worked! No more “Search” magnifying glass on my iPad!

I think that this is the last issue, regarding this website, that I needed to get worked out.

I really do appreciate all of the help you’ve given me throughout this process! I hope that I don’t have to return here & ask you anymore questions about this site.

Patti
    Participant

I have another new site & am running into the same problem regarding centering the copyright in the footer.

Site: https://myidealmeals.com

I have followed your instructions above, just like I did for the other site & my copyright still will not center on my new site! Added the custom CSS but it did not change anything.

I even copied all of the settings from my other site & no changes on my new site!

Any suggestions?

scrambler

You are missing a closing curly bracket on a rule before the ones for the footer.

It breaks your CSS file and makes everything after that invalid

h1.archive-title {text-align:center;color:#0ECAC8;}
    h1.page-title {text-align:center;color:#0ECAC8;

should be

h1.page-title {text-align:center;color:#0ECAC8;}

Patti
    Participant

Thanks! Fixed the CSS & my copyright is now centered on my page!

Patti
    Participant

Scratch that. I added a new widget & when I did the copyright reverted back to the left-hand side, instead of being centered. I rechecked the CSS & it is the same as what you have above. Do not know what happened & do not know how to fix it.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

scrambler

I still see the bad CSS

h1.page-title {text-align:center;color:#0ECAC8;

If you did correct it, then Clear your caches

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.