Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sub menu question

Topic Resolution: Resolved
  • This topic has 50 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Patti.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

New forum question

I’m having trouble with the menus. I don’t want submenus & I set it up to hide them on all devices. Yet when I add a new article under the “Essay Collections” it creates a submenu.

Then when I don’t use “Essay Collections” as the parent page, it adds them to my main menu, even though I’ve set it up (or think I have) to not add them there.

Any help will be appreciated!

scrambler

I am not following, and I don’t see any submenu under Essay collection in the link you provided

You decide if a menu has submenu by the way you create your custom menu not by hiding it?

So you need to be a lot more specific about what you are speaking of…

Patti
    Participant

@scrambler There isn’t a submenu now because I removed the two essays from their parent page of “Essay Collections.” But the two essays are now showing up in the main menu bar & they shouldn’t be there. Their names are, “A Life Lived Deliberately” & “Experiential Learning.”

So how do I add new essays and not have them show up on the main menu bar & not have them show up as a submenu, too? Haven’t ever had this happen to me before so it’s a new issue for me.

Patti

scrambler

Create your menu using WordPress Custom menu in Appearance > Menus, like that you decide what shjows up on the menu and how they show up.

Patti
    Participant

Once again, I’ve done what you’re telling me to do (many times), but it’s not working. I want just four things on my main menu & I don’t want any submenus (don’t know how to get rid of that “Privacy Policy” link that’s there, either).

If I remove the two essays (referenced in my previous post) & assign them to the parent page of “Essay Collections” then they create a submenu. Which I don’t want.

So what do I do now?

Patti
    Participant

Main MenuI just remembered, that I’d already sent ya’ll a screenshot of my menu, but that’s one of the posts that didn’t get posted.

These are the items that I want on my main menu. And they’re the only items that I want there. As you may notice, my “Instagram” link, isn’t showing up. Can’t figure that one out, either. Can you?

scrambler

The menu at the top of your site is the primary menu, In Appearance menu, when your menu is selected, have you checked the option at the bottom under menu settings to allocate that menu to the primary Navigation?

Patti
    Participant

Aha! I didn’t have that box checked but now I do & the menu is *exactly* as it should be! Thank you @scrambler!!!

Patti
    Participant

Now that the menu question is out of the way .

I need some help resizing the text that’s my header for a tablet & a phone. I’ve tried percentages & it doesn’t change a thing. So not sure what to do.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

scrambler

You have two ways to do that.

Add the rules below to your theme Global CUstom CSS Rule box to have a different size for tablet and for phones

.is-smalltablet #title-tagline {font-size:80%;}

.is-phone #title-tagline {font-size:60%;}

Or use a responsive sizing CSS rule like below, knowing that it may not work on some older browsers.

#title-tagline {font-size:calc(10px + 1vw);}

The logic of the formula is explained in the article below

https://guide.weavertheme.com/responsive-sizing-two-little-known-css-properties/

Patti
    Participant

Thanks! The Global Custom Rule CSS worked for my site but not perfectly. I changed the size for a phone to 30% & that was too small. So I changed it to 50% but it’s still showing up at 30% even though I cleared my cache on my phone.

And I changed the tablet size to 50% & that didn’t change a darned thing! It’s still the same size it was when I started out (which is huge!).

And for both of them, I’d like them centered, just like they are on a desktop view. Neither of them are on a tablet or phone now.

I’m sorry that I’m unable to do this myself. I have MS & my brain doesn’t work so well anymore.

I appreciate any help you can give me!

scrambler

I do not understand what you are speaking of about the percentages as right now you are using the responsive rule

#title-tagline {font-size:calc(10px + 1vw);}

About the centering, put a zero in the X and Y boxes for both Title and tagline in Main options > header > Site Title / tagline, then add the rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#title-tagline {text-align:center;}

Patti
    Participant

Thanks again! I can see my header is resized on both my tablet & on my phone!

Next issue is that my tagline must be too long, or the font too large, because it’s showing up on two lines on my phone. Will you please tell me how I can fix that?

Patti
    Participant

As I’m looking at my header options, I see that I have the tagline position of 22 on the right side & 0 on the left side. I’m sure that this is what’s causing the problem of the text not centering on a phone. But when I change that 22 to a 0, then my tagline isn’t centered, at least on a desktop view.

In addition, I have the box checked to hide the search on a tablet & phone. Yet the search microscope’s still showing up on my tablet. What can I do to get that to disappear?

Patti
    Participant

I was correct. I removed the 22 in the X position & now my tagline is centered on my phone! As well as on my desktop & tablet.

Still would like to know how to remove the search on my tablet, though.

Patti
    Participant

I also am wondering why my copyright isn’t centered. I don’t have any footer widgets (is set up to, “Hide on all devices”)  so it can’t be that. I have it set up in the Main Options > Footer so it’s centered but it’s not centered on anything (desktop, tablet and/or phone)! I don’t have any position settings saved, either.

What do I need to do to center my copyright?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.