Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Strange menu

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Realbilly
    Participant

Just another question – I bet I am tiring.

There is a widget and/or menu at the right side of our woocommerce product overview page. And I have no idea, how it gets there. (This area should be empty and was empty days ago.)

https://eudora-verlag.de/en/publishers-list/

Thanks for any help!

scrambler

That menu is inside the secondary widget area.

If it is only on one page, this means you used a Per Page widget area replacement, so the menu widget will be inside the widget area replacement

That page is set to display right and left sidebar which places the primary widget area on the left and the secondary widget area on the right.

If it has a per page widget area replacement, that setting in is the page editing page > Xtreme options for this page > Content TAB > Widget area replacement

Realbilly
    Participant

Thank you for the answer ….

…. and yes, that is where I searched for. But the widget area replacements are empty – that is my problem.
    It is a special page – it is set as product archive page for Woocommerce ……

scrambler

The class on it says

per-page-046kotte1-en

This means the per page area is called “046kotte1-en”

So did you look in Appearance > Widgets > Per Page Area 046kotte1-en ?

Then If you go to your page editing page > Xtreme options for this page > Content TAB > Widget area replacement > Secondary sidebar drop down list, do you see the Widget called “046kotte1-en” selected?

Realbilly
    Participant

It is really difficult.

The problem is: The per page area is changing – the archive has articles (books) on 10 pages and it depends on which of these page you choose. It always takes the per page area which we have assigned to the first book of the concerning page. That is confusing.

And when I want to look in the “editing page”: There is a page assigned to the woocommerce shop article archive, but this page is empty and the secondary sidebar list is empty, too. Do I have to look for at another place?

Thank you very much for patience.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver Xtreme 4.4.4 has a brand new feature that may solve your issue:

Weaver Xtreme will now recognize WooCommerce special pages, and now correctly supports per page options for those pages. Previously, the per page options may have displayed, but were not honored because of some WooCommerce weirdness handling its special pages. (WooCommerce would essentially change the internal page ID of the content from the actual special page to that of the WooCommerce generated content, and so the original Per Page options were “lost” by the time Weaver Theme tried to use them. It was very challenging to get Weaver use the original page ID for those pages.) There will be a highlighted notice at the top of the Per Page options for those special WooCommerce pages. I think that at least for now, some of the Weaver Xtreme Plus per page options still may not work.

I did not follow all the details of your discussion, but as soon as I noticed you mention a WooCommerce special page, a bell went off.

This new behavior on the part of Weaver Xtreme is due to the fact that my son recently created a WooCommerce shop, and he couldn’t use the Per Page options on his shop page.

Please let us know if this helped your situation.

Realbilly
    Participant

Wow! I am really, really impressed. That seems to work!

Perfect! Thank you very much!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sometimes it takes extra prodding – like from my son – to give the initiative to look into an issue. While Weaver Xtreme has had the core support for WooCommerce pages for a long time, no one until now has tried to use some of the Per Page options at a level to discover the issue. My son wanted per page menus, and you per page widget areas.

Kind of amazing I just posted 4.4.4 yesterday. This was actually one of the more complex issues I’ve had recently – took two or three days to really discover the real problem, including reading a lot of WooCommerce source code to see why the Per Page options weren’t being used. Deep down, the issue was that WooCommerce was effectively changing the special pages it adds to the Page list from a Page to an Archive which resulted in losing the original Page ID into the Post ID of the first product displayed on the now Archive page. I know all of this is a bit technical, but it was both a challenging thing to fix, and an interesting insight to WooCommerce’s internal architecture.

Realbilly
    Participant

Oh, but now the primary sidebar is visible for logged-in users only on this page.

Realbilly
    Participant

So in addition to my last post:

Everything is working perfectly, all widgets+menus at the right place …. until I log out of WordPress. Then the primary sidebar (our main menu, which is shown on all pages) at the woocommerce shop page is gone or hidden. At the other pages it is still shown. If I log in again, everything is fine again. How can this be explained and fixed?

(This problem is since the last update at two sites, which we made with weaver.)

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment

Weaver
    Keymaster

I will try to duplicate the issue in the next day or two.

Realbilly
    Participant

Thank you, that would be really nice!

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’m working on it. Can reproduce. Very odd. Everything after the Woo products list is missing – sidebars, footer, etc.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Forgot to do the testing without being logged in! Bad on my part.

Issue was with the “Edit” tag that is displayed for WooCommerce pages when in Admin mode. It simply quit when not logged in, and stopped writing the rest of the page.

Was a simple fix, and I’ve posted 4.4.4.1 that will be available as it propagates.

Realbilly
    Participant

Great – problem solved, big thank you!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.