Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Strange error in console from Xtreme site

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  barbeluk1 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #50172


    Hi there,

    I’ve just put together this site in Xtreme and the Plus plugin:


    I’m getting the following errors appear in the Chrome console:

    GET http://counsellingwithclaire.co.uk/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/css/post-type.css?ver=3.1.8
    jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    (index):211 GET http://counsellingwithclaire.co.uk/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/js/post-type.js?ver=3.1.8
    (index):211 GET http://counsellingwithclaire.co.uk/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/js/post-type.js?ver=3.1.8 404 (Not Found)

    Everything is up to date on the site.

    I’ve checked my other Xtreme sites and am not seeing these errors. Can anyone help please?






    In IE developer tools I only see

    HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
    File: counsellingwithclaire.co.uk
    JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

    But I do see the other ones in Chrome console.
    post-type.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    post-type.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

    @weaver will have to comment on what they may mean



    There is not, nor has there ever been, a file called /weaver-xtreme/js/post-type.js. This is not even a directory called /js that would be associated with the theme. I also get an error message for /weaver-theme/css/post-type.css which is again not part of the official theme.

    The “missing” css file has an associated HTML ID of the7pt-static-css which might be a clue as the which plugin is causing the problem.

    There should NEVER, under any standards conforming circumstances, be any way that a plugin should reference a theme’s directory for files it needs. It is possible that a plugin has a serious bug that tries to use the theme’s directory by mistake instead of the plugin’s directory by using the incorrect WordPress API function.

    The only logical explanation of an error message like that would be a misbehaving plugin.



    So deactivate ALL non weaver plugins, check that the problem disappears, and if it does, reactivate one by one testing in between to find the culprit.




    Thanks guys. You’re right, it was a plugin that I’d nabbed from another theme that was causing the problem.

    Apologies for the wasted time.



Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.