Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Split: Page Builders – SiteOrigins

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    scrambler

I cant see your latest layout or errors as the cache is not refreshed, but the easy menu navigation selector is

#nav_menu-4

Lesann
    Participant
    I need a nonbreaking space between the two HTML codes?
    L
    scrambler

No you don’t, they can be all on one line

scrambler

Change the HTML to

<span style:float:left;padding-left:15px> Written By L.A. Sartor © 2002-2021</span>
    <span style="float:right;padding-right:15px;"><a href="https://lesliesartor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Privacy-Notice.pdf">Privacy Notice</a></span>

Then add the rule

#site-info {width:100%; padding-left:0;}

Lesann
    Participant

Wow, this is fun, learning so much.

So in the Custom CSS, this is what I have.

#weaverxplus_nav_menu-4 {text-align:center;}
    #weaverxplus_social-3 {text-align:center;}
    #site-info {width:100%; padding-left:0;}

So if I want the privacy notice to have more right padding, do I add it at the end of the HTML above? {padding-right:15;} (I picked 15 arbitrarily) Or does the site-info affect the entire footer?

Are you ever in Colorado?  I need to buy you a drink, coffee, dinner 🙂

scrambler

I see you figured out the right padding 🙂

the selector in your rule below is not the right one, which is why it does not work

#weaverxplus_nav_menu-4 {text-align:center;}

The one I gave you that will make the rule work is

#nav_menu-4 {text-align:center;}

If you want to find these, you can right click on any element in your site page and select “inspect”, this will open the browser developer tool, and show you the HTML of the various elements, their classes and IDs that can be used as selector(s), and the rules that are being applied to them.

Once you understand all this, you can figure out any advanced CSS to do stuff that do not have a theme settings.

Below is an old article I made a long time ago, that can give you some pointers.

Browser Developer Tools and Code Validation – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

And sorry, I am far from Colorado, but thanks for the invite 🙂

hkp
    Participant

@Lesann

Just as a passing thought.

On my sites now, more than 85% of visitors use phones.  I guess that is the case on your site too.

On my phone, I think you have still have a couple of issues to look at regarding both the footer and the text to the left of the body image.  Below are screenshots from my own phone.

Regards,
    Angus

scrambler

If needed, there are easy way to add styling that will change on mobile (or tablet or phones)

Below is an article on just such example (especially the section named Make any Right/Left floated image be cleared on mobile)

Posts: Changing Featured Image Layout on Mobile – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

As an other example, if one wanted the Easy menu navigation to only be centered on phones you could use the rule below

.is-phone #nav_menu-4 {text-align:center;}

Weaver
    Keymaster

@hkp,

I’m starting a new thread to discuss possible mods to Weaver Xtreme styling for mobile site. I think it is pretty good now, and I think the options for where sidebars show up (top or bottom) pretty useful and unique.

But I suppose there could be possible styling changes in the header, menu, and even content that might be useful.

Could be for Weaver Xtreme 5 or 5.1.

Lesann
    Participant

Hi Angus, Actually my view is slightly different, as the left text is fine except one word “MY”.  But I appreciate your screen shot as it made me look at my page on the iPhone. Thanks.

Weaver, great idea to start a new stream on this as small screens seem to be taking over.

~L

Lesann
    Participant

Scrambler, it worked, thank you!

Now to fiddle more with the privacy notice and figure out why I have on my iPhone one word to the left of my pix.

You’ve been amazingly patient.

Thank you again.

Lesann
    Participant

One quick question for anyone,

Should I be doing this?

Your site is running an insecure version of PHP (7.1.33), which should be updated.

hkp
    Participant

Yes.

scrambler

the text left of your image on phone is perfectly normal, The text is set to wrap around the image, but when the image takes all the place there is not much left for the text.

Two ways to resolve the problems are:

Make the image scale with browser so it becomes smaller and leave more space.

Or make the image clear the text, so the text does not wrap around it.

The second one is described in the guide article I gave you above.

If you want to do the first, I will give you the CSS to do it.

Lesann
    Participant

Angus, sorry to be dense about this, but where do I find the update? I know I’m off topic here, so will end this after your reply (hopeful for one)

hkp
    Participant

@Leasann

This is run on the Server.  You will need to ask your website host to do it for you.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.