Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Split: Page Builders – SiteOrigins

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Lesann
    Participant

So I’m seeing there is compatibility of SiteOrigins with Weaver Extreme, but I’m not finding my old standby system of adding widget names to the bottom of the SiteOrigins pages or making sure the navigation is exactly the way I want it.  I miss all the flexibility. I don’t see that I’m using Guttenberg blocks, but it feels like it. I want my old weaver extreme functionality back.

So I think I’m doing something wrong or have the incorrect settings.

scrambler

I am not quite sure about what you are describing.

The current version of WordPress only uses the Block editor, so unless you have installed the “Classic Editor” plugin to have the choice between the new Block editor and the old classic editor this must be what you are using.

If so, you may want to install and activate that plugin. You can configure it so it gives you the choice to select either editor on a page and post basis, as well as the possibility to go back and forth, so you can have the best of both worlds depending on the need.

Then you can see if when using the Classic Editor for a page or post, it makes a difference for the issue you where having.

If not, you will have to be more specific about what you are looking for.

Lesann
    Participant

I think my issue was that I hadn’t upgraded to the newest version of Weaver Extreme. I seem to see Weaver Extreme Options now.

Thank you.  I may well install the classic editor plug in as well.

scrambler

Good

Make sure the Xtreme Theme Support plugin is up to date too

Lesann
    Participant

However, can somebody now tell me how to resurrect my footer to  three columns across? Somehow as I was working on PageBuilders this got changed and I tried to fix it in Weaver’s foot options, but they are as you can see aligned left and I want the three or at worst two columns vertically.  I’m turning to drink tonight.

scrambler

If you are using the theme Footer widget area, there is  a column option for it where you can set for 3, then you need 3 widgets in the Footer widget area.

Or else, We need a link to the site to understand the issue

scrambler

If your post does not show up when you post the link, post back using the method below

Sitename DOT com

Lesann
    Participant

site name is Lesliesartor DOT com

scrambler

You are using the Footer widget area, but it appears you have it setup for two columns.

Go to the footer widget area options and put 3 in the column box

Customizing ▸ Layout > Footer Area >Footer columns of widgets

or

Main options > Footer > Footer Widget area > Columns box

Lesann
    Participant

Thank you, that worked. I tried it before, but obviously left out something. Now it looks pretty much like it should. I’d like the Privacy Notice to be above my Written by copyright, but I’m happy it’s at least spread across the footer. Again, thanks!

scrambler

“I’d like the Privacy Notice to be above my Written by copyright”

Privacy notice is the 3rd widget so in the third column. To be on top of the copyright iy would have to be the first widget, or you would need two columns so the third one is below the first on the left

So I am not clear on what you are saying here, if you can elaborate we can devise changes.

Lesann
    Participant

Thank you for offering to help.

My privacy notice is a link to PDF form for people who want to read 3 pages of the notice. Currently it’s by itself in the third (right most) column and looks very small and silly there.

I’d like it to be either in the first column below my easy menu widget or in the footer where my copyright is, but to the far right.

Basically it must be there, but it looks silly where it is. The most important focus of my footer is the menu and the social media links.

~L

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

You can easily move it to the Copyright line, by using the Custom copyright box in Main options > Footer > Site Copyright box

Paste the HTML below in that box and it will do what you want. You can add more styling as needed

<span id="site-info"> Written By L.A. Sartor © 2002-2021</span>
    <span style="float:right;padding-right:15px;"><a href="https://lesliesartor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Privacy-Notice.pdf">Privacy Notice</a></span>

Then change your footer widget area to 2 columns.

After that, If you want to create symmetry in that area, you can align the content of the second widget to the right by adding the CSS rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#weaverxplus_social-3 {text-align:right;}

Lesann
    Participant

Awesome help, thank you. You’ve solved many problems over the years I’ve had Weaver Themes.  (Always user mistakes, Weaver themes are great.)

Off to try it in a bit.

~Leslie Ann

Lesann
    Participant

So I made the Social links in the center, b/c they felt too far right, especially on a PC monitor. Can I do the same with the Easy Menu Navigation. I assume so, but I can’t find the widgets now, I used to be able to see them all, and their names, but since Guttenberg, I don’t know where to look. I did download the “classic widgets.0.2, and installed it.

On another note, I’m getting 22 messages that look like this in the “widgets area” highlighted in pink:

The “weaverxplus_social” block was affected by errors and may not function properly. Check the developer tools for more details.

Lesann
    Participant

Update, got the “old” widgets page back, so can now find the names of the widgets to alter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.