Home Forums Weaver II Theme social share buttons disappeared

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jaebaeli
    Participant

no matter what social sharing plugin i use, the buttons won’t show on my posts. is there a setting in Weaver admin for that?

Yes, i’m still using Weaver II, because i’m afraid the upgrade to Xtreme will screw up my site and i can’t have that at the moment.

jaebaeli
    Participant

UPDATE: I have upgraded to Weaver Xtreme and I’m still having the same problem with social sharing. the buttons just don’t show up on the posts.
    Thinking it might be a caching issue, I looked at the documentation and tried to find Quick Cache as recommended, but could not find the plugin. (?) searched in plugins search and on google. what gives? so I reloaded the other one recommended, W3 Total Cache, which is what I had before, and still, the problem persists.

scrambler

We need more info here…

How are you inserting the social buttons, is it from a plugin, with page or post options, with a shortcode inserted in a content area …

We also need a link to the site with details of where you inserted the social buttons an how.

And if you suspect the cache issue, the easy test is to deactivate it.

Also deactivate ALL non weaver plugins except the social button plugin (if you are using one) and see if that makes a difference

jaebaeli
    Participant

Right now, I’m using Simple Share Buttons Adder – but as I tried about 5 or 6 other plugins, deactivating and deleting each one before I went to another. The ones I’m using are for sharing POSTS and PAGES. They appear above each post or page content, to share the entry on social media. I’m not aware of them using shortcodes, (not the widget styles, just the ones you set up to appear on every post and page). I just set up the share plugin and then reloaded pages/posts but they never appeared above the content where I had assigned them. THis was a feature I used many times before, but it stopped working, even before I upgraded to Weaver X.
    I tried deactivating the cache and even using a different caching tool, but no joy.
    I deactivated all plugins except the social share one, reloaded the pages and no change. emptied all caches I could find and reloaded. I activated plugins one by one, reloading a  page/post each time. still, the social share icons don’t appear.
    I also deactivated the cache and reloaded. that didn’t work either.
    The site is http://kellijaebaeli.com

scrambler

Have you tried contacting the plugin developer to ask if they can figure out why it is not working?

Have you tried to switch to a different theme and see if it works there?

jaebaeli
    Participant

I have not contacted the developer, as it doesn’t work with 5 or 6 different social sharing plugins. so it doesn’t seem to be a developer problem. and i have used it on the Weaver II theme and now, on Weaver X. I will try a different theme just to check it, but that makes me nervous. the issue is that it doesn’t work on WEAVER THEME. so i was hoping you’d be able to tell me why, since this forum is for help with the weaver theme. HAve i misunderstood? if not, i guess i will have to switch to another theme or else do without the social share buttons. Thanks for your time.

jaebaeli
    Participant

maybe you can recommend a social sharing (for posts/pages) plugin that is known to work with Weaver x?

scrambler

There is no report of any social sharing plugin not working with Xtreme, so I do not know what is going on.

This is why we need to get some info, either from one of the developer that would identify what is going on, or get some error message, or confirmation that it is indeed the theme.

I cant imagine anything in Xtreme that could render ALL social / share plugin inactive, @weaver can chime in. I would be more tempted to think something else is causing it in your installation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.