Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Social Media Icons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TheSpiralMom
    Participant

I’m sure it’s obvious, but I can’t find a way to add social media icons/links. Please advise.

User

@TheSpiralMom

Can you please provide a URL for the site, and perhaps elaborate a little further on “social media icons/links” so we can understand what exactly you are looking for?

For example, the plugin “AddToAny Share Buttons” can provide “social media icons/links”.

Regards!

scrambler

If you have the Xtreme PLUS plugin, it has an option to add social media icon link.

Without it, you will need to do it manually with HTML, or look for another plugin

TheSpiralMom
    Participant

The problem with sharing the URL is that it’s not a published site. I just checked and the only way to see the site at all is by logging in as an administrator. I’m not comfortable posting an admin login publicly. But I see that I can reply privately. If either of you assure me it’s safe, I’ll do so with the login info.

I tried the Xtreme Plus plugin and set up the links, but it doesn’t show anywhere.

I will check out the plug-in. Thank you.

TheSpiralMom
    Participant

Too bad there’s no TikTok option. Otherwise, the plugin is good.

User

@TheSpiralMom

Yes, I just checked and was surprised to see its omission.

However, looking at the WP plugins for TikTok, it seems they’re all about selling ADs.  Also, it seems most WP font tables don’t have the TikTok image available.

I’m out at the moment so can’t ckeck with “Add to Any” myself, so I humbly suggest you contact them and see if they can help you out, by at least telling you why it’s missing.  Knowledge is power!!

Regards!

scrambler

With the Xtreme Plus plugin, Once you setup the links, you insert them in any area you want using the [social] shortcode that is described on the page.

If one icon is missing, below the way to add/customize your own

Social Buttons: Icon replacement or addition – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

Weaver
    Keymaster

The Weaver social icons feature is somewhat obsolete. It was originally based on an icon set that WordPress used to support. It has not supported or updated that font set for some time. The real issue is that icons for different sites come and go. TikTok did not exist when Weaver first created the icon feature.

And the way most people want to share links to various sites has changed. So a better way now would be to find some plugin that keeps up to date with the latest icons, or follow the advice mentioned by scrambler above.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.