May 14, 2020 at 17:59 UTC - Views: 21 #64503
I think I’ve followed the instructions for making a slider from a gallery, but it doesn’t slide.
- I published a Weaver Slider post (Gorgeous Slider Post) with a multi-image gallery as content
- I created a slider (Gorgeous Slides) set to the slider post, display as images, random
- I published a page (Slider Post Test) and inserted the shortcode [show_slider name=”gorgeous-slides”]
- It shows only a single image, doesn’t auto-slide (no, I didn’t disable auto), and if I click the image it shows all the images as a gallery.
What am I doing wrong?
The only way I’ve been able to get a slider to work is by creating separate posts for each image, then creating a filter, then creating a slider, then adding the slider shortcode to a postMay 14, 2020 at 18:10 UTC - Views: 19 #64504
“I created a slider (Gorgeous Slides) set to the slider post, display as images, random”
Did you use the option “Quick Option” > SLider post SLug > Slug of your slider post selected in the drop down list?
Did you add the slider using the Add Slider button and selecting it in the list?
the HTML shows the slider has three images, and I don’t see the next previous so something is off.
Try deactivating ALL non weaver plugin to see if one is interferingMay 15, 2020 at 16:43 UTC - Views: 16 #64509
YES – Did you use the option “Quick Option” > SLider post SLug > Slug of your slider post selected in the drop down list?
YES – Did you add the slider using the Add Slider button and selecting it in the list?
Deactivated all non-Weaver plugins and GorgeousSlider still doesn’t work using a gallery slider post in the Quick Option
I just now did a test and Slider works fine when:
- added 5 Banner images as individual posts instead of a single gallery post
- created a “BannerSlider” post using a “banner-slider” slider shortcode that references a “slider-banners” filter
Any idea why it would work with individual posts but won’t work with a single gallery post?May 15, 2020 at 16:59 UTC - Views: 13 #64510
Works for me with a gallery.
I had weird problem once with file names.
Try the following
Create a new post slider containing a single WP gallery (composed of several images), call the slider post GorgeousP (no space no dashes)
Create a new Slider name GorgeousS (no space no dashes)
reference the GorgeousP post and set display as images leave everything else default and Save settings
Insert the GorgeousS slider in a new test page
Also, you did not mention if you are using the classic editor or the Block editor for the post slider, if using the block editor, try using the classic editorMay 15, 2020 at 21:14 UTC - Views: 7 #64518
That seems to work, even after I add in constraints on the GorgeousS definition. So is it probably that I can’t use spaces in the SliderPost or Slider name? That seems like the only differences.May 16, 2020 at 02:09 UTC - Views: 4 #64520
Glad to hear it
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.