Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Slider not found and other what the heck moments

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fprasuhn 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fprasuhn
    Participant

Greetings all:

I worked on this issue off and on for a few days. I am at a loss and seeking help.

I like the concept of the W sliders and slider posts. Thank you! I am, though, have some difficulties that I cannot resolve.

Slider filter:

1. I begin at the top of the filter screen.
    2. Type in a name and click create new filter button.
    3. I work down each of the sections and click to save before moving on to the next.
    4. Define Post Display Filter Options click save. So far things are good.
    5. I move to 3rd box, Define Content Selection Filter Options, choose my options, and save.
    6. My filter disappears.
    7. I do find the name in the drop down box.
    8. When I click to retrieve, none of the settings are showing.
    9. After several attempts experiencing the same results, I began with the 3rd box and worked up.
    10. My 3rd box info saved. My 1st and 2nd box choices disappear when I save them.
    11. I decide to go with what I have in the Define Content Selection Filter Options.

Now things get more weird…

Sliders

1. I begin at the top of the slider screen.
    2. Type in a name and click create new slider button.
    3. I work down to the Slider Options box.
    4. I click save before moving to next options box.
    5. I receive “Slider not found. Try again.” message.
    6. My newly created slider is not in the drop down menu.
    7. I recreate my slider and click create new button, again.
    8. I begin options with the 2nd box, Advanced Options and click save.
    9. My slider disappears, again.

For kicks, I try my procedures in all my browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Same results.

What suggestions might you have?

Plugin info

• Weaver Show Posts Version 1.3.9
    • Weaver Show Sliders Version 1.4.9
    • Weaver Xtreme Theme Support Version 3.1.9

Weaver
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce this. Some questions.

Your first list starts with “Slider filter”. I assume you are really talking about the “Filter” tab, and that you are creating a filter for a slider.

Then in point 5 – “I move to 3rd box, Define Content Selection Filter Options, choose my options, and save”, you are referring only the the very top box (Basic Options).

You mention you click to retrieve. Please be more explicit – there is no option called retrieve. Did you mean “Restore Filter”? If so, when did you save it. If you did that as you worked your way down, you will have saved only an empty set of settings. The Save Settings option will save the entire current state of your settings, and is meant to use only after you have created all the settings.

So when you say you click save, you mean one of the several “Save Filter (or Slider) Options” buttons, and not the Download – Save Settings option? In any event, I can’t ever get the filter/slider I just created to “disappear” using either set of options – I can do it only by clicking the “Clear/Delete Current Filter/Slider” button. There have been no other reports of such an issue, either.

scrambler

You may want to go to the Theme help page and paste the content of the “your system and configuration info” box here.

There have been theme saving issues when there is not enough PHP memory, have a look at the article below
    https://guide.weavertheme.com/settings-wont-save-from-customizer/

An other thing to try is deactivate ALL non weaver plugin to see if that changes anything.

fprasuhn
    Participant

My apologies for the confusion. I will clarify for you tomorrow. I also saw the message in the thread about PHP memory. I had that issue for a plugin. I will follow up on that as well.

fred

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.