Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sitewide Top Widget Area no longer working

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TheFoodCop
    Participant

I’m having a problem with the Sitewide Top Widget Area no longer working, and I’m not sure if the issue is with the Weaver theme, WordPress, or MailerLite. Until I did some updates recently, I had a MailerLite form at the top of every page on my site. Now the form is no longer displaying.

In the Sitewide Top Widget Area, when I try to add back the “MailerLite sign up form” block, a message displays that says “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed” (although the preview does work), and I cannot save the widget. When I try to add the HTML for the form using the Custom HTML block, a message displays that says “There was an error. The response is not a valid JSON response.”

Here is the link to my web site: https://www.thefoodcop.com/

I’m anxious to get the form added back to my web site. Thank you!

scrambler

Right now I don’t see a Sitewide widget area on the site you linked to.

To make sure the Widget area is working, just put a text widget in it, and see if that works.

If the problem is only with adding a plugin widget to the widget area, you should speak to the plugin developer, they are the one who know how their plugin works.

I do see an error

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 () from https://static.mailerlite.com/users/login/

TheFoodCop
    Participant

Where are you seeing this message? The reason you can’t see the widget with the form is because it doesn’t appear I can save anything I add to the widget properly. I tried adding a paragraph block with some text and received the following error message: “There was an error. [object Object]” so I tried to remove the paragraph block but still received this message. Depending on which browser and device I’m using, I either can or can’t see the paragraph block I added and tried to remove. I have cleared the cache in my browsers.

I have screenshots of the various error messages if you would like me to send them to you through e-mail. I can also send a message to MailerLite but now it seems like the issue might not be with them.

TheFoodCop
    Participant

The paragraph block keeps duplicating on its own somehow. When I attempt to delete the blocks, the problem seems to get worse. My site looks like a mess now. Is there another way to delete these blocks or the entire widget?

scrambler

I would start by saving your settings and download a backup of them.

Then deactivate ALL plugins, and see if you can delete everything in the widget area in question.

If that does not work, try switching to a different theme (all plugins still deactivated), and see if you can cleanup the widget area.

TheFoodCop
    Participant

For now, I went into the theme settings and selected the option to hide all the top widget areas so hopefully it won’t display on any devices. I might just have to restore the previous version of my web site unfortunately. I use Chrome but I’ll see if I am able to remove the blocks using Edge.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’m a bit confused about some of the terms you used in your original post:

In the Sitewide Top Widget Area, when I try to add back the “MailerLite sign up form” block, a message displays that says “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed”

Normally, these days at any rate, the when one uses the word “block” associated with WP text, that would mean a specific block from the page/post block editor (Gutenberg). But as far as I know, there are no widgets that support the block editor. Maybe that is something new?

But are you really referring to a block from the block editor, and if so, how are you using it for a widget?

TheFoodCop
    Participant

In the Widgets section (Appearance>Widgets), when you click Sitewide Top Widget Area or any of the other options for adding a widget, a plus icon to add a block displays. When you click the icon, a pop-up displays to add a block. One of the options is to add a block for the MailerLite form. I disabled the MailerLite plugin; however, when I click the Update button, I still get error messages. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe this changed with the recent WordPress update? I have screenshots of the error messages that I would be happy to share with you if I can get an e-mail address from you (or you are feel free to send me a message).

scrambler

What you describe is not a WP feature, so you must be using a plugin.

I already suggested you deactivate ALL plugins and check the Widget Area, did you try that ?  🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

When you say ” add a block for the MailerLite form”, do you really mean add a “widget”? Adding a “block” does not make sense in standard WP Widget Area with Widgets terminology. Using the correct terms is important for clear understanding.

So, you also said “I disabled the MailerLite plugin”, then you can’t expect anything to work that involves the MailerLite. You can’t add a MailerLite widget (block??) to a widget area and then disable the plugin and expect it to work.

To test if the Sitewide Top widget area is working as it should, add a simple widget to it, such as a the search widget which would add a simple search box. If that appears as expected, then your problem must be with the MailerLite plugin.

TheFoodCop
    Participant

The issue was with the Gutenberg plug-in. Upon deactivating it, the widgets area seems to be working as it was previously. I was using the terminology that displayed on web page, including the tool tips that display when moving your cursor over the various icons, etc.

scrambler

……….. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.