Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sitewide Top Widget above sidebars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Caetlyn
    Participant

Forgive me if this has been asked before. Is it possible to customise the sitewide top widget area so it stays in the same position even if there is a primary sidebar? At the moment, I’ve only able to achieve it where the top widget moves over when the primary sidebar is visible. Here’s what I mean:

Top widget area without sidebar
    https://crimewave.caetlynmclean.com

Top widget area with sidebar
    https://crimewave.caetlynmclean.com/gallery/the-backstreets/

Note how the top widget moves over to make way for the primary sidebar. Ideally, I’d like the top widget position to stay where it is and the sidebar to be positioned below the top widget. If I try to alter the top padding of the sidebar, it moves both the top widget and primary widget area.

Please advise …

scrambler

Do you have the plus plugin?

If so look at the guide article below to see the various areas available.

The header widget area could be used with the option to position it after the header html, or several areas in the container are above the sidebars

Layouts and HTML Insertion Areas – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

Caetlyn
    Participant

Sadly, no. Is there around it otherwise or do I need to get the plugin?

scrambler

What you could do is Use the secondary menu instead of the primary menu, or use the option to move the primary menu to the top.

Hide the standard Title and tagline with their hide area option.

Insert title and tagline to the to by using the Title shortcode (look in the Add ons page), that you would place in the pre wrapper HTML insertion area.

Then you could use the Header Widget Area to place your content, instead of the sitewide one.

I may have to give you some Custom CSS for the prwrapper area so the title is properly placed

Caetlyn
    Participant

I managed to add the Title to the top using the Title shortcode. However, the text colour is black and I use a dark background. How do I change it to white and give it font weight? Adding [color=”#fff”] to the shortcode does nothing.

User

@Caetlyn

After checking, I cannot see any black text, only white.

If still don’t have a solution yet to the black text, can you please add some black text back, for checking?

Regards!

scrambler

This is because the Link CSS of the wrapper no longer applies.

You can fix that by adding the Rule below to the Theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#inject_prewrapper a {color:white;}

Caetlyn
    Participant

I did manage to find a solution after posting my last post. I still used the title shortcode along with the themematch code.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.