Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme site title issue

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jserra
    Participant

On my site at http://www.jamesserra.com, I use “James Serra’s Blog” as my site title.  But in the browser tab (Chrome or Edge), it shows as “James Serra\’s Blog”.  Any ideas on how to remove the “\”?  Thanks!

scrambler

I suspect WordPress is having a problem with the apostrophe…

@weaver
    , any idea why the apostrophe of the site title ends up preceded by a slash in the browser TAB label adn if we can do something about it ?

scrambler

Searching google, it confirms my fear.

Someone mentioned replacing the apostrophe by its HTML character & #8217;

so try making the title

James Serra& #8217;s Blog

jserra
    Participant

Ok, here is what is weird: If I go to General Settings and change the Site Title, it does NOT affect the browser TAB label.  So any ideas on where the info used in the browser TAB label is pulled from?

scrambler

You may have a cache issue, clear all caches.

And try the HTML I mentioned above

jserra
    Participant

No luck after clearing the cache.  It seems where the TAB label is created from when on my sites home page is a mystery.  Other pages will show the TAB label correctly, for example “Microsoft Ignite Announcements 2021 | James Serra’s Blog”.

scrambler

When you change the Site title to something else, are all the pages showing the new title except the home page. or none of them show the new title ?

scrambler

Are you using Yoast ?

Site title and tagline not showing on homepage tab | WordPress.org

If not test deactivating ALL non weaver plugin and see if that makes a difference

jserra
    Participant

That was the hint I needed!  Turns out the plug-in AIOSEO – The World’s Best WordPress SEO Plugin and Toolkit has an option to set the site title for the home page, which had the “\” in it.  All fixed now!  Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.