Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Site preview not accurate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    songerk
    Participant

I just converted to Weaver Xtreme from Weaver II on this site: http://www.tryoncreek.org. Very strangely, the website preview now does not match what happens when I log out of the site, and it also doesn’t match what happens in other browsers. (I’m using Chrome.) When I’m logged into the site, the rounded site logo is offset from where it will actually appear when I log out. Fonts are also different depending on the browser. When I’m in Chrome the menu font looks how I want it to, but in Firefox it’s a different, wider font that makes the whole menu expand vertically to fit all the words. What’s happening; how can I fix this so the preview is consistent with what appears everywhere else?

Gillian

This sounds like a cache issue – either your browser cache and/or a caching plugin installed on your website. Try clearing your caches.

songerk
    Participant

I thought it would be a cache issue, too, but it doesn’t appear to be. After clearing my caches on all browsers, the website appears slightly different (menu fonts and logo placement) on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. 

Then there’s the preview problem: When I log in to my site on Chrome (again, after clearing the cache) and reload the “view site” page, the site appears different from how it appeared before I was logged in. The logo moves–or rather, the whole site except the logo moves down to accommodate the black “Edit Page,” etc. strip that runs across the top of the screen. The logo remains where it was before I was logged in, making it vertically offset by something like 30 pixels. 
    Any suggestions? 🙂
    Weaver
    Keymaster

We would have to have a link to the site to know for sure, but this sounds like there is some incompatibility with the black WP “admin” bar at the top. What you see in a browser that you are not logged into your site will show what visitors see.

songerk
    Participant

Sorry about that–I’m not sure why, when I typed http://www.tryoncreek.org above, it didn’t pop up as a link. That’s the site.

scrambler

I answered about how to fix your round logo in your other thread where you mentioned it.

It needs to go in a different place

songerk
    Participant

Thanks very much–the problem with the logo is now fixed. I’m left with just the puzzle about the menu fonts–they look fine in Chrome and IE, but for some reason in Firefox they’re still not displaying properly. (Should be large, bolded Arial Narrow.)

scrambler

have you checked firefox on another machine, because for me I see the same thing in IE and Firefox.

Font family Arial narrow

Font size 1.12em

Bold

songerk
    Participant

You’re right–I checked Firefox on a different machine and it did look right. Must be something with just my computer, which is fine with me. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.