Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Site license question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DaleB
    Participant

I purchased a 5 site license for the weaver+ plugin. After reading the software license it appears that I cannot use one of these activation codes for a site that I am building for a customer. I will be maintaining the site, but do not own it. Is that correct?

assuming that is correct, what is the best way to purchase a license for the customer. It seams like entering the customers name with my email address is the best solution. Is that the correct way to purchase a license for a customer?
    I read the thread where the person was asking about a developers license, but did not see a resolution. It sounded in that thread like he could use his 12 site license for customer sites, so I am a little confused.
    Weaver
    Keymaster

I guess the license could be interpreted either way:

Each product is licensed for use by a single entity on web sites owned and/or controlled/managed by that entity.

In the case of sites being managed (your customer) by a designer (you), the intent is: Each product is licensed for use by a single entity on web sites managed by that entity.

As soon as you drop management of a site, then it needs a license. I think this is a typical operational model – a developer builds/manages a site for a customer (the owner). As long as the management is active, the developer’s license (usually multiple site license) will cover it.

DaleB
    Participant

Thank You very much for taking the time to explain that.I really appreciate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.