Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Site Copyright – Footer text size on pc & phone

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Decimus 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Decimus
    Participant

Need a little help with footer text sizing on pc and phone.

The background is I am a little flattered and a little hacked off that the hard work we have put into getting our website recognised and ranked in the local vicinity is being copied wholesale by others!  Decided to boost the copyright notice.  Also wanted to make it bold and the same size as the body text on the main site.  Default is small.

For copyright footer see bottom of website: https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/

Within weaver

Main Options | Footer
    Footer Area: Bold is On (which makes links bold)

I was not able to change the text size properties in the Footer Area or Footer Widget Area or Footer HTML to say medium or large.  Changing these seems to have no impact on copyright footer.

So I reverted to some basic global CSS

/* Change size of Copyright footer size from small to medium */
    #site-info, #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size: medium;
    }

This work on a pc (footer text is medium sized and bold) On a phone the footer text still remains small compared to size of the website body text and is not bold or appears not to be bold.

Is there something else I should be doing to increase the effective size of the site copyright compared to say the size fo the body text?

Footer text:

Copyright © 2015 – 2019 Ringwood Dogs, Ashley Heath on the Dorset & Hampshire border, UK: Dog Training, Puppy Training Classes, Doodle Dog Day Care, Doodle Home Dog Boarding.  All rights reserved.  Any unauthorised copying without prior permission will constitute an infringement of copyright.

many thanks

PB

scrambler

If I reduce the browser size on desktop until the mobile layout/view kicks in, and inspect the copyright, it is bold and it is font-size:medium

For the bold, you are using HTML for your copyright and used a <strong> tag so it will always be bold

For the size, if you want to increase it further on mobile, you can use a mobile rule like below

.is-mobile #site-info, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap a {font-size:150%;}

Decimus
    Participant

Scrambler many thanks for the quick response.

Could I clarify a few things

Could I have set the Copyright footer to bold without using ? I couldnt work out how to do this from Weaver so I resorted to .

I’ve tried the mobile code but it does not seem to do anything on my actual phone A Huawei Mate 8 Pro

/* Increase text size Copyright footer size from small to medium */
    font-size: medium;
    }
    /* Increase text size of Copyright footer for mobile devices */
    .is-mobile #site-info, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size:150%;
    }

Many thanks

PB

scrambler

Sure just add the font weight in your rule

font-size: medium; font-weight:bold;
    }

if it does not take try adding !important

font-size: medium; font-weight:bold !important;
    }

Decimus
    Participant

It is partially working … manually deleted cache on phone browser.  the text remains the same size the text for the links has increased in size.  Looks as if I need to go look at the css again

scrambler

Also, you need to set the font-size in pixel, because with a % it affect the link differently than the copyright

.is-mobile #site-info, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size:30px;
    }

Now did you want to only increase the font size of the copyright and not the link text that follow?

Decimus
    Participant

Ummmm tweaked it will go try kill phone browser cache again….

#site-info, #site-ig-wrap, #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size: medium !important;
    }
    .is-mobile #site-info, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size:120% !important;
    }

Decimus
    Participant

I was looking to increase the mobile version the site copyright copy so the copy and the links are all the same size

scrambler

I am not sure what you are sayin with your post before last, but you still show a font-size in percent instead of pixel

Decimus
    Participant

Reposting a last post has disapperd

All fixed many thanks

kept

Copyright Footer

<strong>Copyright &copy; 2015 - 2019 <a title="Ringwood Dogs - Ashley Heath on the border with Dorset & Hampshire for: Dog Training, Puppy Training, Puppy Training Classes, Dog Day Care, and Home Dog Boarding" href="https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/" target="_blank">Ringwood Dogs, Ashley Heath on the Dorset & Hampshire border, UK</a>:&nbsp;<a title="Dog Training with Ringwood Dogs - Ashley Heath on the border with Dorset & Hampshire" href="https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/dog-training-ringwood/" target="_blank">Dog Training</a>, <a title="Puppy Training classes with Ringwood Dogs - Ashley Heath on the border with Dorset & Hampshire" href="https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/puppy-classes/" target="_blank">Puppy Training Classes</a>, <a title="Doodle Dog Day Care with Ringwood Dogs - Ashley Heath on the border with Dorset & Hampshire" href="https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/dog-day-care-ringwood/" target="_blank">Doodle Dog Day Care</a>, <a title="Doodle Home Dog Boarding with Ringwood Dogs in association with PetStay Dorset & Bournemouth" href="https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/home-dog-boarding-ringwood/" target="_blank"> Doodle Home Dog Boarding</a>.&nbsp;&nbsp;All rights reserved.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any unauthorised copying without prior permission will constitute an infringement of copyright.</strong>

Used the following Global CSS

#site-info, #site-ig-wrap, #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size:medium;
    }
    /* Increase text size of Copyright footer for mobile devices need to use px as 150% impacts links differently */
    .is-mobile #site-info, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap, .is-mobile #site-ig-wrap a {
    font-size:18px;
    }

Many thanks for help

Decimus
    Participant

Just an addition for anyone that might look at this.  It’s a given …. but you need to remember to do it to see the results. So aplogies if its a statement of the obvious.

If you are playing with different size px values for the mobile version I found to see the result

I was playing with
    font-size:18px; and font-size:16px;

To see the result immediately on your phone I needed to do two things:
    1) My host is SiteGround so the first thing is to use their tool and purge the site cache.
    2) On my mobile (mine is an android Huawei Mate 8 pro running Chrome) you need to clear the Chrome cache (once in Chrome: Settings | Privacy | Clear browsing data | Clear data (tick boxes for cache etc) | Clear … then return to browser and go to your web page which will then re-download and show changes.

Many thanks to scrambler for sorting me out (again)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.