Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sidebar shows at top of page in mobile and tablet view using Elementor

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pintac
    Participant

Is there a way to force sidebars to appear at the bottom of the screen in a tablet and mobile view using css? If I am using the weaver Xtreme menu, there is no problem. The sidebars are located at the bottom of the screen for tablet and mobile view.

I created a header-page and a footer-page in elementor. I have the footer-page globally set in Xtreme using Customizer. We have specific headers in different sections of the website and don’t want the headers to globally change. We have chosen to substitute the elementor header-page for all new pages when editing the page using page builder — it works fine. But, the sidebars move to the top in the tablet and mobile view, and that is not what we want.

If you need the website domain name, please allow me to send this to you privately.

Thank you.

scrambler

Please provide a link to the page showing the issue, you can use private reply so only moderators will see it

Private Reply
    Pintac
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

You have selected the sidebar layout option Stack on top, so it is doing what you selected.

Change the sidebar layout to the normal (not stack on top) mode.

Pintac
    Participant

Thank you. Where is that setting? I find no “normal” option in sidebars and layout.

Why do the sidebars appear on the bottom in mobile view if I am using the standard menu from WP/Weaver? I have also tested globally changing the header-page in Xtreme using Customizer, and the sidebars appear at the bottom of the screen in mobile view. Only when I use a substitute menu created in Elementor that I apply on a page-to-page basis do the sidebars appear on top in mobile view.

scrambler

There are two places where sidebar layout can be defined.

Globally in Main options > Sidebar and Layout > Sidebar layout (by page type)

Or in any specific page editing page, in the Xtreme options for this page > Layout tab > Sidebar and Widget drop down box

The page editing page setting overrides the global page type settings.

The “normal” sidebar layout would be “sidebar on right”. Both primary and secondary widget area go below content on mobile

The one that is active in the page you mention is “Sidebar on right (stack on top)” which makes the primary widget area of the sidebar go above content on mobile, and the secondary widget area go below.

scrambler

See sidebar layout section of the article below

https://guide.weavertheme.com/layout-and-html-insertion-areas/

Weaver
    Keymaster

You have likely set a per page option for the pages that display the right sidebar at the top. Elementor has nothing to do with this problem, I think.

Open the page that shows the sidebar at the top, and open the editor. At the bottom you should see Weaver Xtreme 4 Options for this page. If you don’t then scroll to the top of the editor page and open the “Screen Options” menu, and be sure the Weaver Xtreme Options is checked.

Open the Layout tab of the Weaver options block. I would bet that you have selected “Sidebars on the Right (stack top)”.

Otherwise, you’ve done the opposite – and have only Sidebars on the Right for the other pages, and you have the stack top option set as the global value (Customizer -> Layout -> Sidebars & Widget Areas).

But you have selected “stack top” in one of those two places.

Pintac
    Participant

Thank you both for your help! @weaver was right, I had selected “Sidebars on the Right (stack top)” on the page.

I have been using Weaver Themes since 2012, and I love the flexibility! I like the menu I have in the traditional weaver theme better than the Elementor menu, I find it to be more stable.

Thank you!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Note that you can still use the Weaver menu plus an elementor header. There is an option to replace the header with any page (regular or Elementor), but still use the Weaver menu. Customizer -> Page Builders

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.