Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Sidebar layout for post category pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Caetlyn
    Participant

I’m looking to have a different sidebar layout for each category page. I was searching the forum and found a suggestion @scrambler made in 2017:

If acceptable, you could recreate that category page using a Page with posts (create a new page, select the page width posts template for it and publish). Then you will have all the weaver options for this page, allowing you to filter the post of the category in question, and change the sidebar layout.

My question is – aside from physically placing the link into the actual post, is there any other way to link the post to that category page? I’m assuming all post meta links would go straight to an archive page.

scrambler

If you have Plus, you can create Custom Meta Info lines to do that globally.

There are also ways to create page redirect in WordPress, but you would have to look for a plugin to do that. Then you could redirect the default archive pages to the custom Ones.

Finally, if what you want is different content in the sidebar, then you could use a plugin like Dynamic widget to do that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.