Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Show Read More button on posts only on mobile devices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pixel51
    Participant

Is it possible to show the “read more” button only on mobile devices?

scrambler

Yes, but to be sure of the proper CSS to give you, we need a link to the page with the read more

pixel51
    Participant

Want it on mobile only for posts e.g. http://www.pixel51.com/blog/archives/20565.

pixel51
    Participant

blog home page is http://www.pixel51.com/blog

scrambler

If you want to hide the Continue reading on the blog page on desktop, add the rule below to the theme Global CUstom CSS Rule box

.blog.is-desktop .more-link {display:none;}

pixel51
    Participant

Okay that will hide the link, but will the entire post display on desktop?

pixel51
    Participant

What I’m getting at is am I just hiding the link or am I stopping the link’s effect?

scrambler

You never said anything about displaying full post on desktop 🙂

If what you want is show excerpts on mobile and full post on desktop, you need to create your blog page the following way.

Create a page based on the default Page template.

Using the weaver show posts plugin, create two show posts filters , one that will show your posts in full and one that will show your posts as excerpts.

Then insert both show posts shortcodes in the page you created

Finally place the showposts shortcodes inside a show_if shortcode, one with device=desktop, one with device=mobile.

it will look something like below (with the appropriate filternames]

[show_if device=desktop][show_posts filter="FilterNameofFullPosts"][/show_if]

[show_if device=mobile] [show_posts filter="FilterNameofExcerpts"][/show_if]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.