Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme setting the search results page

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mira
    Participant

Hi,

I am using Xili language plugin with the weaver xtreme plus theme to have the site in various language. Is it possible to set which language the search results page shows up in? It could be either per language setting or if not, I would like it to default to english. (right now it goes to swedish, no matter what language I am currently set to or searching in)

The site is https://www.psychosomatik.com

Thanks,

kind regards,

Mira

scrambler

You should ask that question to the plugin developer as they are the one who know what their plugin can do or not.

Based on their answer you can let weaver know if there is something required on his side.

Mira
    Participant

Thank you for the answer. Is there a possibility in the weaver theme for setting or editing edit the search result page in general (disregarding the language-issue)?

scrambler

If by editing, you mean styling, there are no options, but we can help you change any style using Custom CSS.

Just provide a link to your search page, and explain in details what changes you would like to make.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The search results are produced by the theme file search.php, and if you can even slightly understand programming, it is not overly difficult to tweak it – especially by removing some things shown for failed searches.

But I don’t know how the plugin might work. Normally, the WP search is pretty limited, and I’m not sure how any plugin could give accurate translations of the search results. But there are absolutely no settings or even programming changes to the theme that would affect what language is used.

Mira
    Participant

Thanks for the answers. I have now understood that the search results show up in the language that supposedly the search word is in. This is not working very well when the word is the same in two languages otherwise different, like german and swedish. This is also where my confusion stemmed from (I was searching in german, the results came up in swedish because the word I was searching happens to be the same in both languages).

I have used CSS to style the search page. I do not know about programming though, but I think I will not need more styling on the search results page after my realisation.

Thanks again for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.