Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Setting the font and size of blog-titles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    victor50
    Participant

On site one of two sites I managed to change the post title to “Garamond, Small”. On site two it seems it seems impossible to change anything in the content area.

Site two has Woocommerce. I had a hard time to get it working the way I wanted and had to install a subtheme with some filters. When I switch back to the maintheme I can change the post title. However these are not saved. In the customizer the setting is saved, still saying “Garamond” but in fact it has returned to what is was.

On side, somewhere in help or guide it says that this setting only works for pages. This appears not to be the case anymore.

scrambler

I am a bit lost.

You really need to give us a link to the site page where you set the post title font to Garamond and it does not work.

victor50
    Participant

The site where I succeeded setting the title to another type and size: https://wat-tedoen.nl/

The site where this was not possible (with a small Woocommerce webshop):  https://2fd.eu/

scrambler

On the first link, the Post title has a theme setting (class on the html element) of roboto slab

On the second link it has a font setting of Lucida sans

For the Second, site, what setting do you have in:

Appearance > Weaver Xtreme Admin > Main Options > Post Specifics > Post Title > Title font property > Family?

Or if using the Customizer in “Where” Mode, Post Specifics > Post Title > Post Title typography / Font Family

victor50
    Participant

Lucida Sans

scrambler

I must be missing something then.

You selected Lucida sans as the font for post title in the setting, and this is what you have

So where is the problem??

victor50
    Participant

Repeat:

Site two has Woocommerce ….  However these are not saved. In the customizer the setting is saved, still saying “Garamond” but in fact it has returned to what is was.

(Same thing when trying to set the size)

scrambler

Sorry, but you lost me.

I asked what setting you had in the customizer and you said Lucida Sans (which is what shows up), now you are saying it is Garamond, so which is it?

Also, check the setting in both the customizer and the legacy admin (not at the same time), and eventually resave from the legacy admin.

victor50
    Participant

It boils down to this: It is impossible to change the settings of the title on https://2fd.eu (Didn’t try any other settings for the content area.

scrambler

OK, so when you enter a setting in the customizer and publish, the settings is not saved.

IS it the same if you enter the setting and save it in the Legacy Admin.

Also, read the article below for a number of possibilities preventing settings to stick

Settings Won’t Save from Customizer – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

victor50
    Participant

Hi, I managed to change the settings in the legacy admin after I followed the advice in the article except for the caching in Firefox. Now the settings are also saved in the customizer. However, when changing this setting it is not visible, only after saving. The other website shows the change when you set it.

Thanks for your help.

scrambler

Are you saying that in the customizer, effect of a setting change dont show up in the preview unless you click publish?

If so is that true for any setting or just some?

victor50
    Participant

That’s correct (for website #2). I didn’t have any more time to test other settings now. Maybe later.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.