Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Set left margin for widget area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dskirk
    Participant

I am using current version of Xtreme and have searched past 2 hours for a setting to allow a margin to left of widget area. Site is http://markvenesky.com/systemtest/ and the widget area is right on the edge. I think I’m probably overlooking a simple solution, but I’m stumped. Please advise. Thanks, 

david 
    Weaver
    Keymaster

Have you tried adding left padding to the widget areas? (on the sidebars and layout tab for each widget area)

This may not work as you expected or require since padding is not the same as a margin.

Tweaking left/right margins in content/widget areas cannot be done with the free version of Weaver Xtreme, but is a Weaver Xtreme Plus option.

Because Weaver Xtreme uses a modified “grid” layout model used by many responsive themes, anything that adjusts horizontal spacing must be very carefully accounted for in the overall styling. What seems like a simple thing to do – add a little margin – requires that the entire horizontal layout be adjusted.

This automatic adjustment is called the “Smart Margin Width”, and that can be changed on the Fonts & Custom tab in Weaver Xtreme Plus.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry – your problem can be fixed  by adding padding to the container area on the Wrapping Areas tab. I misread that the widget area was on the right instead of “right on the edge” – totally different problem. My previous answer applied to adding more space to the left of a widget area on the right side of the content.

scrambler

Yes, the equivalent of a margin on an object is a padding on its container, in this case Main options > Wrapping Areas > Container Area> Padding boxes

dskirk
    Participant

That worked!!!!  Perfectly. I think I tried everything except Content padding. Thank you so much. I’m just starting to build this site and Xtreme was my immediate choice. Thank you, thank you both. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.