October 2, 2020 at 04:26 UTC - Views: 57 #65619
I’ll look, but when I switch to the 2020 theme it works fine.October 2, 2020 at 04:46 UTC - Views: 54 #65620scramblerModerator
That is an interesting finding then, may be @weaver will have an idea of what could make the search fail to find results because of the theme…October 2, 2020 at 06:06 UTC - Views: 51 #65621October 2, 2020 at 21:47 UTC - Views: 46 #65622
@weaver I made you an account. Tried changing the search.php file name, did nothing. This is a weird bug. I feel like it’s gotta be something to do with an index or database and how weaver accesses it… with the weird time warp gives results but nothing else does. Is there a way to just reinstall weaver but keep all the settings? Thanks.October 2, 2020 at 22:45 UTC - Views: 46 #65623scramblerModerator
To reinstall weaver just follow the procedure below
October 2, 2020 at 23:54 UTC - Views: 41 #65624
- In the save restore page, click Save to save a copy of the settings in the database.
- In the same page download all settings locally for safekeeping.
- If you have Plus, in the Plus options page download ALL settings locally for safe keeping
- Switch to a different theme like 2020.
- Delete Weaver Xtreme theme as well as Weaver Xtreme theme support plugin and the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin if you have it.
- Then Install a fresh copy of the Xtreme theme from WordPress.org, and Install a fresh copy of the Xtreme Theme support plugin.
- All your settings should automatically be back.
- If you have the Xtreme Plus plugin, re downloads a fresh copy from your Weaver user account, and install that
Ok, I’ll try that next after you look around. Thanks.October 3, 2020 at 22:04 UTC - Views: 31 #65625
Right now, I am having issues with your site. After several attempts, I think I’ve managed to reset the password, but now the site is timing out, so I can’t get in.
I will be away until next Tuesday – I will try then.October 3, 2020 at 23:48 UTC - Views: 28 #65626
I finally got into your site. Don’t know what the issue was.
But, I can’t figure anything out.
Most searches seem to work fine. Some don’t. I tried “Beautiful” and got a lot of hits. But “PDX” or “death” fail.
But as you said, Twenty Twenty works.
One suggestion I have – try the plugin “Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions”
That would almost certainly really reduce the size of your database. I’ve never had it destroy data, but it would always be safer if you can backup your database first. I think there area plugins that can do that.October 4, 2020 at 19:16 UTC - Views: 24 #65630
Ran the optimizer, no change. Uninstalled weaver, checked 2020 and things worked, reinstalled weaver, still broken. It’s starting to look like I’m gonna have to find a new theme. Recommend any that would have the least difference? Wasn’t planning on a redesign right now…October 6, 2020 at 15:22 UTC - Views: 18 #65631October 6, 2020 at 16:25 UTC - Views: 17 #65632October 6, 2020 at 18:56 UTC - Views: 14 #65633October 8, 2020 at 18:35 UTC - Views: 7 #65637
Hey! Better search works. Though now I gotta figure out how to get it to display results in my default archive format with the side widget areas… any hints? Thanks.October 8, 2020 at 23:03 UTC - Views: 3 #65638
Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be possible. If you set the “seamless” option for the plugin, it would display using the standard blog layout, but then it fails to work at all.
If you use it, it would be a compromise.
It is possible one of the several other search plugins might work instead.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.