Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Search results just return all posts/nothing

Viewing 14 posts - 17 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    roesingape
    Participant

I’ll look, but when I switch to the 2020 theme it works fine.

scrambler

That is an interesting finding then, may be @weaver will have an idea of what could make the search fail to find results because of the theme…

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    roesingape
    Participant

@weaver I made you an account. Tried changing the search.php file name, did nothing. This is a weird bug. I feel like it’s gotta be something to do with an index or database and how weaver accesses it… with the weird time warp gives results but nothing else does. Is there a way to just reinstall weaver but keep all the settings? Thanks.

scrambler

To reinstall weaver just follow the procedure below

• In the save restore page, click Save to save a copy of the settings in the database.
    • In the same page download all settings locally for safekeeping.
    • If you have Plus, in the Plus options page download ALL settings locally for safe keeping
    • Switch to a different theme like 2020.
    • Delete Weaver Xtreme theme as well as Weaver Xtreme theme support plugin and the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin if you have it.
    • Then Install a fresh copy of the Xtreme theme from WordPress.org, and Install a fresh copy of the Xtreme Theme support plugin.
    • All your settings should automatically be back.
    • If you have the Xtreme Plus plugin, re downloads a fresh copy from your Weaver user account, and install that
    roesingape
    Participant

Ok, I’ll try that next after you look around. Thanks.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Hi,

Right now, I am having issues with your site. After several attempts, I think I’ve managed to reset the password, but now the site is timing out, so I can’t get in.

I will be away until next Tuesday – I will try then.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I finally got into your site. Don’t know what the issue was.

But, I can’t figure anything out.

Most searches seem to work fine. Some don’t. I tried “Beautiful” and got a lot of hits. But “PDX” or “death” fail.

But as you said, Twenty Twenty works.

One suggestion I have – try the plugin “Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions”

That would almost certainly really reduce the size of your database. I’ve never had it destroy data, but it would always be safer if you can backup your database first. I think there area plugins that can do that.

roesingape
    Participant

Ran the optimizer, no change. Uninstalled weaver, checked 2020 and things worked, reinstalled weaver, still broken. It’s starting to look like I’m gonna have to find a new theme. Recommend any that would have the least difference? Wasn’t planning on a redesign right now…

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    roesingape
    Participant

Hey! Better search works. Though now I gotta figure out how to get it to display results in my default archive format with the side widget areas… any hints? Thanks.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be possible. If you set the “seamless” option for the plugin, it would display using the standard blog layout, but then it fails to work at all.

If you use it, it would be a compromise.

It is possible one of the several other search plugins might work instead.

Viewing 14 posts - 17 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.