Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Saving Settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

I’m now in panic mode! I got the test site working nicely and since the Save Settings feature was shown, I did just that – downloaded to my computer. When I went to restore/install it on the live page, not one of the theme settings were visible. Not a single change I had made…it appears that the theme changes do not back up. I have it working nicely on the test wordpress second directory, but any suggestions on getting it running live?

Susan
    Participant

Well, after panic and attempts to figure it out, I decided to just run the test and edit the live side by side. As I went through all the settings one by one, I found they were actually there! Some of the links, such as the favicon, wouldn’t work even though the link was correct. I found forcing a jpg as a favicon first, then reinserting the favicon link worked. Had another item in a widget that did that too. None of the widgets themselves came in with the any of the info, but don’t know if this would be a wordpress or theme issue. I also found that some of the pages were doubled up and the menu items were not connected correctly. Theme or wordpress issue? Don’t know, but flipping between the two sites worked relatively quickly, all things considered. I’m as finished as I can be for now.
    Susan

scrambler

Welcome to the nightmare of wordpress option saving 🙂

The settings are just the theme settings.

Pages are saved / restored by the WordPress > Tool > Export / import

To save widgets you need to use a plugin

All the wordpress options like header image, background, allocation of widgets in widget areas, allocation of custom menu have to be redone.

If you are trying so save / restore a whole site with pages post and widgets, you should use a Backup plugin

Susan
    Participant

Thanks! I had the backup saved only to restore the site to the old one should it be too much for my brain to handle in the middle of the night. It’s all volunteer work for our non-profit Wild Ocean Whale Society (WOWs). I had a feeling it may have been a WordPress issue once i realized that the theme saved flawlessly.
    Susan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.