Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Save Menu Server Error

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • #70739

    I recently started getting a 500 Internal Server Error when saving my Primary Menu.

    Here’s my configuration info:
    Weaver Xtreme 5.0.7
    Kitchen Sink subtheme
    PHP 7.4.15
    WordPress 5.9.3
    PHP Memory Limit: 1200M (was 128M, but I changed it to try to fix the issue)

    To try to figure out what was causing the issue, I created a new menu for testing and added each of my menu items one by one. I found that there are certain pages which, when added to the menu, cause the error:



    Official records

    Subscribe to Our E-mail List


    I can’t find anything that these pages have in common but aren’t part of my other pages that can be added to the menu. I tried creating a new copy of a bad page, but it also caused the 500 error. I tried creating a page from scratch, with a different title and just cut and paste the the content HTML, but it also causes the 500 error:


    My primary menu is already set to automatically add new top-level domain pages. When I made a copy of one of the pages that give the error, it was properly automatically added to my primary menu. But when I try adding that same page to my new testing menu, I get the error when I try to save the menu.

    What could be causing this issue?

    Here is a page with more configuration info on my PHP:


    @weaver may have ideas.

    Have you spoken to your Host provider?


    @scrambler Yes, issue is not with the server. It’s something in WordPress coding. The only place it occurs is when I try to update a menu in Appearance/Menus. This is a new issue that just started. I can’t identify any plugin that has been added which is causing the issue. I may need to delete my custom menu or switch to a different theme other than Weaver Xtreme, but want to see if @weaver or someone else might have some suggestions first.


    Have you deactivated ALL non weaver plugin and tested?

    Have you tried to switch to a different theme and see if it makes a difference?

    Deleting the menu, and restarting one one page at a time would be the next step


    @scrambler Thanks for the suggestions. I switched to a different theme and the error went away. I switched back to Weaver Xtreme and was happy to find that the error didn’t return – Menus is working properly now.

    Does deactivating-reactivating the theme refresh copies of any of the theme code files? Just wondering how doing that would make the error go away.


    Your issue was not with the theme, as custom menus are all done by WordPress.

    Custom menus like widget is one of the things WordPress sometimes loses when switching themes, you must have had some corrupted files in there that got refreshed during the switch.


    Thanks for leading me to a solution.

    P.S. I never get an email when you reply here to this thread, even though I have “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” checked. Just thought you’d want to know. I also didn’t get an email with my temp password when I registered my new BB account. I had to do a “Lost Password” reset to get one. (I did check my spam folder – nothing there.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.