Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Safari does not accept READ MORE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

Perhaps it is a matter of too much memory attributed to the page_file, that READ MORE does not open to the rest of the story. I am not sure. I thought you might wish to explore it. I had thought it was interstitial advertising below the READ MORE link but I had them removed to no avail. I am on IOS  and Safari. the page looks fully loaded but does not respond to the READ MORE task.  Here is a link:
    https://southernarizonaguide.com/the-el-paso-southwestern-baja-arizonas-forgotten-railroad/

Please tell me what you think.

scrambler

It works for me on edge, but you have other popups that could be interfering with the link.

Just to be sure the social bar on the left does not interfere, scroll away from it before trying the read more.

Also test deactivating non weaver plugins

karen
    Participant

Thanks, I will explore this further on the test site. I did not know EDGE had a mobile version.

scrambler

I am testing the “mobile” version by simply reducing the browser size on desktop until the theme switches to mobile layout.

And it is the Chromium based version, so it is the same as Chrome

karen
    Participant

Ok.. How about this. Can we load (Activate) the READ MORE button before the page is done loading? That might be the real problem. ON the mobile site because of the stacked ads, I don’t think it ever finishes loading. At this point just. theory, but I want to know what you think and is it possible. thanks

scrambler

I don’t see it on your page anymore so I can confirm anything.

Do I understand that what you call read more is actually the plus shortcode for Show/Hide text?

if so, another thing to check is that you are not using any plugins that does Javascript or CSS optimization (like the jetpack option).

These additional optimization almost always break the theme Javascript and CSS, as they are already optimized, and must be loaded in very specific order.

If you have anything doing optimization, remove or deactivate that.

Also make sure you are not loading your own version of javascript anywhere. Only the Javascript loaded by WordPress must be loaded, no other version!

And as I said before, if you think the script is not loaded, the issue is not to change any loading order, but find out what is preventing proper execution of the script, as there could be many more potential issues if that is the case.

The way to do that would be to deactivate ALL non weaver plugins, and see if the issue goes away. If it does, reactivate one by one to find the culprit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.