Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Retina Missing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sakshale
    Participant

I suspect there is an option somewhere that I am missing.  On only one of my WP sites that is using Weaver Xtreme, the Retina menu option under the Media section is missing.  Can someone tell me how to enable it?

Sakshale
    Participant

This might be a factor, but I doubt it… At the bottom of the page: Appearance -> Theme Options -> Footer  …  the versions are different.

Weaver Xtreme 1.2.4 | Options Version: 538 | Subtheme: Xenic — bad site

Weaver Xtreme 1.2.4 | Options Version: 26 | Subtheme: Wheat — good site

Weaver Xtreme 1.2.4 | Options Version: 22 | Subtheme: Ajax — good site

scrambler

There is no retina option in xtreme (that I know of). You are probably using a plugin on the sites that do.

Sakshale
    Participant

Bingo!  You hit the nail on the head.  When I installed this site, the “recommended” plugin “WP Retina 2x” was listing as not compatible with the version of WordPress, which had just had a new release.  I checked just now and it is listed as compatible, so I will install it later this week.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, as it simply never crossed my mind.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Just a not about “not compatible” – there is a general misunderstanding of the “compatibility” message with plugins.

Unfortunately, the wording WordPress uses on plugin descriptions says “Compatible up to:”. What this REALLY means is “The latest version of WordPress available when the plugin author last updated the plugin is:”. It does NOT mean the plugin is not compatible with later versions of WordPress. Perhaps “Tested compatible up to:” would be a more accurate short phrase.

But, as a rule, plugins very very seldom do not work with later versions of WordPress.

It can be somewhat of a pain to update a plugin just to keep up with the latest version of WP. Why “fix” something that ain’t broke, as they say?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.