Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme requesting paid help in upgrading from Weaver II to Weaver Extreme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pintsize
    Participant

Looking for a developer to assess two Weaver II sites to determine if they can be salvaged with PHP 7+ upgrade. Links upon request.

Thank you.

scrambler

What do you mean by “can be salvaged”

Weaver II sites can be converted to Xtreme using the detailed step by step procedure below

https://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

If you give us the link to the sites, we can tell you if it should be a straightforward process or require customizations after the conversion.

Private Reply
    pintsize
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

I don’t see anything special there that would cause difficulty.

You should go ahead and do the conversion, and if you need some fine tuning after that, we will be happy to help.

Remember that you can always go back momentarily to weaver II while you are converting.

You should read the conversion process from start to finish before actually starting the conversion, to make sure you are familiar with the steps involved

Private Reply
    pintsize
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Weaver
    Keymaster

You need Weaver II Theme Extras: https://weavertheme.com/archive-downloads/

pintsize
    Participant

I installed weaver-ii-theme-extras-2-3-4 plugin but it makes no difference. I cleared cache and tried another browser as well.

pintsize
    Participant

scrambler

Do you have the latest version of the weaver II theme too (V2.2.9)?

If you are on weaver II pro, you may need to download from your weaver account login

pintsize
    Participant

I added Weaver II 2.9.9 and backed up settings. Proceeded through the instructions and now I’m stuck here.

The backup file that I downloaded from the server is weaver_backup_2020-09-07-1909.wvb. There are no .w2t or .w2b files in the directory.

scrambler

@weaver would have to clarify the difference between w2b and wvb, and will may be know why this is what got saved

scrambler

Also, just to make sure:

You said Weaver II 2.9.9, I assume you meant 2.2.9.

One of your screenshot seems to show that you have weaver II pro, is that the case ? If so, you should be installing the latest version of the Weaver II Pro theme, not of Weaver II, or you will be missing the Pro settings.

Finally, you said “The backup file that I downloaded from the server”

If you have Weaver II Pro theme and Weaver II theme extra plugin installed, when you download the settings file, you save it locally on your computer, so not 100% sure what you meant by server…

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think he might mean weavertheme.com downloads page.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.