Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Replacement for premain

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    klaconcepts
    Participant

Hi, I have been using weaver pro for ages and i am soo use to it, that i am having a learning curve trying to do the same things with weaver xtreme. I need a way to replace premain. I have a full width header, full width menu and then i need a full width slideshow, then content 1000px. and then back to a full width footer. 

I have achieved most of it…i made contrainer full width and center, and content 1000px with margin-right:auto and margin-left:auto, but the content is on the left side of the screen. 
    Is there a way to do it? I am probably looking right at it.
    Thank you
    Remus
    Participant

Have no fear to post a link. Or else, nobody can help using just a description!

scrambler

Check the demo site below for available insertion areas.

http://demo.weavertheme.com/insertion-areas/

The equivalent of premain is container top but does require plus.

If you don’t have plus, we need a link to see if there is an alternative using the other areas available in the base theme like the header widget area which can be placed in different places, depending on what other elements and menus are there

Weaver
    Keymaster

I went to bed thinking about this question….

I think, if I understand the question correctly, that the Container Top area does not work for this design because it will take on the width of the container, which is not full width. I don’t think there is a way to put any insertion area right under the main menu when the menu is on the bottom.

I think that the desired layout could be achieved by hiding the main menu, and using [extra_menu] + the slide show on 2 rows of the header widget area. This would require X-Plus.

klaconcepts
    Participant

Hi, Sorry I can’t post a link it is in a staging area that is password protected. I do have the plus plugin.  @weaver that almost works, but I did figure it out.

1) I kept the header and menu as is
    2) I set the header widget to show After Lower Menu (this is great option)
    3) I add the slideshow to the header widget area
    4) The only issue I had was that my header image was set to 1000px max because I wanted it centered and not full width. In order to have the slideshow be full width the header had to be set at 100%. So I just set the #branding #header-image img to max 1000px.
    Thanks for the help. 
    I would like to put in a feature request to have something like the premain in weaver pro. I used it ALL the time and it made things so much easier. 
    scrambler

The equivalent of pre main is container top

Weaver
    Keymaster

Container top really is not equvalent to the old premain. I believe what @klaconcepts is suggesting is a stand alone <div> between the header and the container. I will think about that, but it would require a theme change which complicates release timing.

klaconcepts
    Participant

@weaver thanks for considering! Glad I was able to get something similar. And Thank you all for the help as always!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.