Home Forums Weaver X Tutorials and Hints Removed breadcrumbs but vertical bar shows in infobar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leswaldeck
    Participant

I have disabled breadcrumbs on my site but want to keep the infobar because of the nice border effect it forms with the left and right padding, as well as for the Search bar still in the infobar. The problem I have is that there is now an unsightly vertical bar on the far left of the infobar that I cannot get rid of (see pic).

scrambler

Pleas provide a link to your site so we can check the specifics

leswaldeck
    Participant
    scrambler

This comes from the breadcrumbs styling.
    Apparently, checking Hide breadcrumbs does not remove their container, so if it is styled, you still see a remaining piece.

@weaver, is there a reason that when people select “Hide breadcrumbs”, their empty container remains in the page HTML?

@leswaldeck in the mean time you can do one of two things.

Add the rule below in Main Options > FOnts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box.
    #breadcrumbs {display:none;}

or check if you see the rule below in that same box, and remove it.
    #breadcrumbs {background-color:#29598C;color: #FFF;padding: 2px 4px;border-radius: 3px;}

Weaver
    Keymaster

The comment in the code says:

echo '  <span id="breadcrumbs"></span>';  // need to get area height

At some point, the info bar must not have rendered correctly with out this. The info bar can contain the breadcrumbs, the page links, and other added html.

leswaldeck
    Participant

I deleted the line of CSS code, which did the job. Thanks for your wonderful help, scrambler!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.