Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Remove woocommerce sidebars?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nickrobinson
    Participant

I’ve tried endless css & function hacks to try and remove the sidebars on this page. On other pages, I change the “per page” layout and it works, but not with woo pages ;(

https://nickorigami.com/shop/

thanks for any pointers.

scrambler

Your site is flagged as unsafe so we cannot open it.

@weaver
    would have to confirm what is the sidebar logic for woocomerce pages, as I am unsure of what weaver option are available for them.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I can see your site.

How are you generating pages with woocomerce content? Using a shortcode?

But the page in your link is designated as having a right sidebar. You should be able to set it to no sidebar using the per page options.

nickrobinson
    Participant

I noticed recently that Edge shows a warning, although chrome & firefox are happy with the SSl certificate I bought – it’s infuriating…

The page is the standard woocommerce shop page – changing the “per page” for that has no effect.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@nickrobinson

Sorry for the delay. Apparently Woocommerce has changed the way it generates its pages slightly, which has caused an issue with Weaver Xtreme.

The situation is a bit complicated, but here is how I plan to fix Weaver Xtreme when displaying Woo pages:

If you open a Woo Shop page, it is supposed to show a whole bunch of products. For consistency, these should be laid out like an archive page (over a normal, single view, or regular blog page). There are no Per Post (Woo Product) page options that affect the display of a list of items. So, I believe the best option is to use the existing Archive sidebar layout for Woo product list pages. I do think that Woo controls the number of columns products are displayed in, so they may display in multiple columns rather than as other Archive-like post lists.

And when displaying a single product, I believe the consistent way to display that would be to use the Single page sidebar options. (Which does show up when you edit any Woo individual product.) Using the global Single view will now work properly for any individual Product. The per post (product) option can override this.

Other than adding a separate option for Woo Product lists, I believe the existing option for Archive-like lists will have to do. I might consider adding a new Woo option for displaying posts to Weaver Xtreme Plus (which add Dates, Categories, Tags, etc now) if you think there would be a good reason to have a specific option for Woo Posts.

I will be away for the next several days, so won’t be able to release the fixed version for Woo Lists and Product views until later in the next week.

Does this solution – use the existing Single and Archive sidebar options for Woo products (with proper functioning of the per product single view option) – do what you need? Thanks, and again, sorry it took so long to look at this.

nickrobinson
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

the best option is to use the existing Archive sidebar layout for Woo product list pages.

I don’t understand this – s there a URL showing how? I can’t find any functioning layout options when editing the shop page? I’m trying to “fix” the main shop page before tackling any others.

Frustratingly, I found an near solution, setting up an alternate shop page in the menu using this code

[product_categories number=”0″ parent=”0″ columns=”4″ orderby=”menu_order”]

But when the cart was emptied, the shop link took me to the “old” shop. Under Woo advanced options, they allow you to specify custom cart pages, but not shop or product.

Would it work if I set the default site template to “no sidebars” and used “2 col content” for my blog pages? Can this be done site-wide in one action?

Thanks again, I’m sorry to take up your time for a problem that Woo seem to have created for themselves ;(

scrambler

Global sidebar settings can be found in Main options > Sidebar & Layout,

or

Customizing > Layout > Sidebars & Widget Area > Sidebar Layout for page type

You can choose one sidebar configuration for each page type (like archive)

Weaver
    Keymaster

BUT – the sidebar options will not work until I release the new version of Weaver Xtreme – later this week.

nickrobinson
    Participant

Scrambler, that worked *perfectly”! Many thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.