Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Remove Background from New Order email

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gjensen
    Participant

We print out each of our New Order emails, and they have a large image in the background that is a nuisance to print.  I’m trying to find how to eliminate that background graphic, but can’t locate it.  The Emails tab in WooCommerce says that email is pulling from: weavex-child/woocommerce/emails/admin-new-order.php, but I can’t find anything in there about the graphic.  Anyone know how to get rid of it?

scrambler

We can give you CSS rules to change what print or not, but we need a link to the page with image background and specifics about which one it is

Weaver
    Keymaster

Since your are using a custom page (admin-new-order.php) on a child theme, we really can’t give an answer without seeing the page.

Normally, Weaver does not include any background image on the print page, but that would depend on just how the bg image is included in the output page html.

gjensen
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but this is the link to that New Order for admin email file:

https://sanctuaryoftheopenheart.com/wp-content/themes/weavex-child/woocommerce/emails/admin-new-order.php

scrambler

No we need the link to the public page that you want to print with precise description about what image you want to ignore in the print.

Avoiding the printing of the image can be done with a CSS rule and does not require modifying the php template.

gjensen
    Participant

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding what public page.  Whenever someone orders through WooCommerce, the admin gets a notification email, and that email has a background.  There’s no public page associated that I know of.  I’d like to either just remove the background on the child theme or go back to the WooCommerce default email.

scrambler

Ok, clearer now.

If this is about an Email generated by Woocommerce, you need to speak with them.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry, but I don’t think we are expert enough to understand just how Woo generates emails. Typically, plugins that generate emails have a template option to specify the contents of that email.

And we can’t know just what gets generated on the child theme.

But apparently something in the /weaverx-child/woocommerce/emails/admin-new-order.php file has the custom modification that adds the bg image. You would have to consult with whoever wrote that code.

But this really isn’t a theme issue – it must relate to some custom programming you’ve done.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.