Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Question RE 404 Error Page Not Found

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Leigh2018
    Participant

My last question for a while I think 🙂

Trying to not have to mess with htaccess, coding, etc. so…

Is there any way to customize the 404 page in Weaver Xtreme Admin area (or anywhere else) … by chance am I just not seeing that?

If not… Maybe even a plugin you all trust?

Thanks!

Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

You might want to try https://wordpress.org/plugins/404page/  – it will let you create a standard WP page that serves as the replacement 404 page.

You can make it as fancy as you like – it is just a standard page.

Leigh2018
    Participant

Thanks a million @weaver! I trust your and Scrambler’s advice!

Private Reply
    travincult
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

If you are using a plugin to generate the 404 page but it is not working, you need to ask the plugin developer / support forum to see if you are not implementing things right or if there is something else.

Private Reply
    travincult
    Participant
    Weaver
    Keymaster

The plugin is intended to replace the theme’s 404 pages in all circumstances.

I’ve tested the plugin, and it seems very reliable and easy to use. If you are not getting the replacement 404 page you created and specified for the plugin, then you may have not specifed the page to the plugin correctly. If you have other issues with the plugin, you need to contact the plugin’s support as that would not be a theme issue.

If you want to create your own custom 404 page with custom PHP code, then you can create a child theme for Weaver Xtreme and have it do whatever you need. This does require at least a basic understand of how to create a child theme (not the same as a Weaver Xtreme sub-theme), and some basic understand of creating PHP code.

scrambler

Now if you cant make the plugin work, we can help with styling the 404 page using CSS, you just need to be specific about the changes you wish to make.

Private Reply
    travincult
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.