Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Properties data protection

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JMittendorf
    Participant

Hello,

I have chosen in my WordPress backend under properties data protection my own data protection site from my website, to show the link for data protection in my login for the WordPress backend.

Since this configuration I have under my footer, which I have configured under weaver xtreme admin -> Site Copyright, also a link for data protection on the right site.
    Can I hide the link?

Thank you very much.

Greetings Jörg

scrambler

@weaver would have to comment

Weaver
    Keymaster

I would need more information.

Are you referring to the option that allows you to replace the default copyright notice?

That field allows any HTML you want. You can add an extra link after your own copyright language. If you just need the link to be there (<a href=”https://your-url”>whatever</a&gt;), if there is no text for whaterver, then nothing shows. You could also wrap with <spans> with style values.

Just not sure of your goal. If you need invisible links, there might be better places to put that code, such as the Post-Footer area.

JMittendorf
    Participant

In the first step I have create the footer text in the wordpress backend over the menu Design -> Weaver Xtreme Admin -> Main Options -> Footer -> Footer HTML (Site Copyright)

In this field I have the following html code:

© 2024 http://www.iw-nordharz.de | Impressum | Datenschutz | [rcb-consent type=”change” tag=”a” text=”Privatsphäre-Einstellungen ändern”] | [rcb-consent type=”history” tag=”a” text=”Historie der Privatsphäre-Einstellungen”] | [rcb-consent type=”revoke” tag=”a” text=”Einwilligungen widerrufen” successmessage=”Du hast die Einwilligung für Services mit dessen Cookies und Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten erfolgreich widerrufen. Die Seite wird jetzt neu geladen!”]

In the second step I want to have a link data protection under the login window of the wordpress backend. For this link I have configured under properties -> data protection my own create data protection page. The link appears under the  login window of the wordpress backend, but I have also a link for data protection under myself configured footer text on the right site of the footer of every page.
    You can see this two footer entries on every page of my website https://www.iw-nordharz.de

I hope you can now understand what I mean.

Thanks Jörg

scrambler

If you mean “Datenschutz” this looks like the privacy policy page link.

Not sure if it is an option in weaver or if it comes from a plugin….

JMittendorf
    Participant

Yes I mean “Datenschutz” Sorry for my bad explanation.

I configure a change in the WordPress backend, so I think it is not a plugin, but I am also not sure if the theme is the problem.

Can I solve the problem with css?

scrambler

I know there is a way to hide the privacy policy link, I just don’t remember where.

@weaver
    will surely know

And yest worst come the works, we can do it with CSS, but let us hear from weaver first

User

@JMittendorf

In the Admin > Privacy tab, if you set “Select a Privacy Policy page” to ” – Select – “, it will not show a link below the footer.

Regards!

JMittendorf
    Participant

@User: When I understand it correctly you mean not to select a privacy policy page of my website, the link for privacy policy disappears. Yes this is ok, but also the link in the login windows of the WordPress backend disappears.

Jörg

scrambler

Add the custom CSS rule below in the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box

#site-generator {display:none;}

User

@JMittenforf

Sorry, I am on my phone so can’t check on that.

However, you can always add a WP Admin link in a Footer, together witb a copyright notice and a link to any privacy notice you have.

The Footer allows you total control over content and appearance.

Regards!

JMittendorf
    Participant

@scrambler:
    Thank you very much it works.

Jörg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.