Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Programmers; I know this may be a long shot, but …

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Dave
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I know this may be a long shot, but I’ve searched everywhere, CSS, JS, Plugins, etc. and coming up empty.

In the past, I was assisted by (what I consider) some heavy-duty programmers here who know their stuff/code. And so, I figure I’d reach out to see if anything can be done (fingers crossed)…

I use the Weaver Extreme theme and have a plugin called NinjaTables. The product is GREAT, except when I edit an entry, the entry window/screen (see screen capture link below) is quite narrow and small.  And so, I’m not sure of this is the theme, WP or the product itself. I have Classic Editor and Advanced Editor Tools plugins activated but can’t seem to enlarge this window.

Does anyone know of code and/or a plugin available to change this? I’d gladly pay for it if such is available.

I have searched everywhere and attempted to create a support ticket with NinjaTables who basically informed me they use the “default WP editor.” 🙁

https://mebanezoning.com/docs/edit_screen.png

Thanks for your time,
    David

User

@Dave

Sorry Dave,  but we need to sign-in to view either the site or edit_screen.png

Can you please find another way to send the image, and can you also please let us have a temporary password to allow us to view the site?

For your security, you may set it as a PRIVATE REPLY.

Finally, I suggest you install the WP Plugin: Health Check & Troubleshooting : https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/

That will allow you to test the site and all the plugins and theme without interfering with the operation of the live site.

You will also need to install a vanilla theme, e.g. Twenty Twelve (for testing purposes only).

I believe this will probably show that the plugin you mention above as some issues, and the Theme and its related plugins are all working fine.

Regards!l

Private Reply
    Dave
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

I am not sure I understand what you think is wrong with the editing layout shown in the picture.

Can you describe what you expected to be different.

And when you do, you should share that image with the plugin developer asking them if this is the Normal layout they intended for you to see, or if it looks different on your end.

Private Reply
    Dave
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Hi,

I just installed the free NinjaTables plugin.

I tried to create a table. Between your screen shot, and what I see when using a desktop computer with a pretty big screen (didn’t try a notebook), I really don’t think their table editor has any issues of being too narrow. But it might not work well at all on a phone.

BUT, I think the plugin has a SERIOUS bug – at least from my perspective. When opening their table editor, the info to be edited shows up in a pop-up window that is smaller than the browser screen, which automatically gives you less space to see. And then there is a column on the left showing different types of tables, including an icon and a description. This takes a lot of horizontal space. As you make the screen less wide, the description text eventually disappears, leaving just the icons. This is a standard WP design in various places. The serious bug I see is that while the text goes away, the space it took stays there, and the column for the editor gets smaller and smaller.

So, I think the editor part getting smaller is an expected behavior. The small to begin with editor overlay can look “cute”, but I think it unnecessarily takes away horizontal space. And the think with the left icon column not shrinking is simply a bug they should fix.

Dave
    Participant

Thank you Mr. Weaver & Scrambler.

I’ll have to make do with how it is I suppose. 🙁

I really appreciate your time and expertise in what I find to be exceedingly difficult to understand. Folks here have always been most helpful.

Thanks again,
    David

scrambler

Given they have a scroll bar on the whole panel.

You should also suggest they make the default height of the editing box at the bottom higher.

Dave
    Participant

Scrambler, I completely agree.

I have to pull the right bottom corner of the text area down (but it only goes down in small increments), with very limited real estate to enter valuable text.

I searched high and low, for a solution, plug ins, Ninja Forms, endless stuff to make it wider and taller, but no such luck. 🙁

Thanks again for your help. You’ve always been exceedingly helpful.

David

Dave
    Participant

For example…

Why can’t their text area look like yours?

Your system is superior as one can see better what they’re typing and helps speedup the review process. 🙂

Thanks,
    David

scrambler

All you can do is make the suggestion to them…

Dave
    Participant

Will do, and will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again my friend.
    Dave

Weaver
    Keymaster

Do note that whatever appearance they have is 100% under control by the plugin, so any changes would have to come from the plugin provider.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.