Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Problem with ShowPosts plugin

Topic Resolution: Not Resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Emmanuel 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Emmanuel
    Participant

@weaver  …hi there,

We’ve been having a developer help us to do a mass import and a price and stock daily cron sync set up for products (we use woocommerce).

They are setting it up using Wp All Import (by Soflly ) but they found there was a problem between the import plugin and Weaver show-posts plugin.

We are using most up to date wordpress version and 7.3 php.  Your show-posts plugin hasn’t been updated for 10 months and they are thinking that it is the probable reason for the conflict?

I don’t want to use another slider plugin – I much prefer keeping it all in the Weaver homestead – but if I can’t sort this problem pronto, will have to do so.

Look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can.
    Thank you..

scrambler

but they found there was a problem between the import plugin and Weaver show-posts plugin

Given we are not mind readers, may be you should explain in detail what that problem was and what their exact diagnostic was…

🙂

Emmanuel
    Participant

🙂   shame on you 😉

@weaver  @scrambler  ….this is all I know:   they said that wp all import could not work while showposts was activated and they thought that the reason was likely to be that showposts has not been updated for 10 months and so things like the php version might be ‘out of date’ with the recent php version 7.3 that we are now using.

They charge like ‘£100 per question answered’ sort of fees so I keep things simple when dealing with them!

Not to worry if you are not thinking of doing any update for showposts soon …although I would rather use it for our slider, they recommended another one that is compatible so I would use that one if necessary.
    (But would rather use yours!)

Many thanks.

scrambler

We shall see what @weaver has to say.

I just wanted to point out that it can be hard to fix an unknown problem 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

Show Posts has not been updated in some time because there is nothing to update. There is no PHP issue. Weaver and our plugins have all been tested with PHP 7.3.

WP All Import is not a plugin available in the WP repository, so we can’t look into any possible issue.

If they have discovered some incompatibility, then they MUST have received some diagnostic messages at some point. If we could see those messages, that might provide information. But as scrambler said, there is nothing we can do to solve a problem without being able to recreate the problem.

ShowPosts does use “the loop”, but not until a page with the posts is displayed. Simply having it loaded should not cause an issue.

Emmanuel
    Participant

Many thanks @weaver.  I am aiming at just putting a static image where the slider goes as a temporary solution.  When the whole import has been completely finished, I will ask them for the error log.

Thank you very much both of you for your help – it’s much appreciated.

Emmanuel
    Participant

Hello again @weaver and @scrambler,

To refresh:  the developer (who was doing a mass product import for us) said that Show Posts was conflicting with the Wp All Import and All Export plugins that we need to use and so I had to deactivate our super weaver slider (and put a comparatively boring static image there instead!).

Well, he told me now what the error message is :

`
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘replace’ of undefined
    at wpai_set_custom_select_image (admin.js?ver=4.5.7:15)
    at onSelected (admin.js?ver=4.5.7:568)
    `

This is his complete email in case it helps more to identify the problem:

The issue caused by the “Weaver Show Post” plugin is very easy to replicate as below:-

1. re-enable the Show Posts plugin
    2. enable the browser Developer console ( for Chrome press F12 )
    3. navigate to WP All Import -> New Import page (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pmxi-admin-import)
    4. See the javascript error message displayed in the Developer Console (as below)

`
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘replace’ of undefined
    at wpai_set_custom_select_image (admin.js?ver=4.5.7:15)
    at onSelected (admin.js?ver=4.5.7:568)
    `

Will this help you to fix it so we can have our lovely weaver slider back??

Many thanks in advance!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry to take so long to reply.

I sincerely don’t believe the error message you provided can possibly come directly from Weaver Show Sliders or Show Posts.

There is absolutely no JavaScript code included or used by the Weaver plugins that use wpai_set_custom_select_image.

And since we do not have access to the WP All Import plugin, there is nothing more we can do to provide any more help on this.

There are many other users of these plugins, and we’ve not received any reports of any similar behavior. There is something non-standard being done by WP All Import that is interacting badly with one of the Weaver plugins, but we simply can’t do any more to figure that out.

Emmanuel
    Participant

Many thanks for reply @weaver.

I will send your reply to our developer in case a light-bulb turns on for him.
    And also maybe a better idea that I get in touch with Soflyy re the All Import plugin – maybe they will be able to identify the problem better.

Anyway, thank you again for your reply, much appreciated!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.