Home Forums Feature Suggestions Print Layout Option

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hi,

I don’t know if I would have to use a dedicated plugin for that or if I can achieve this already. But on certain dedicated pages or posts I like to have a link or button for a “print view” where I can hide widget areas like the sidebar and add a print friendly alternate header and footer. As I can not image that this will be achievable with a third party plugin I thought this might be something that one could do with the theme settings like a page with custom per post/per site settings just for the print purpose or a setting like we had in the past where you were able to do a specific layout setup for mobile devices. At the end I would love to have an option that would create nice PDF files from those dedicated pages/posts. That PDF would be then be banner and advertisement free, having these printer friendly header and footer and have nice page breaks. Usually when printing a webpage you have a page break often in the middle of a sentence. But as the first step would be just creating/displaying the printer friendly style that would be enough as you can create such a PDF when printing the page. 

Any ideas for that approach or maybe already a finished solution?

Cheers and thanks!
    Joerg

scrambler

you can definitely create your own print rules with CSS.

As to packaging it as a feature with checkboxes option, that would need to be a request frequent enough for Weaver to implement it ?

Let me know if you need help figuring the CSS rules to customize print on your site

Weaver
    Keymaster

I would checkout one of the WP membership plugins for all questions related to alternate page display for logged in vs. not. They are really designed for that purpose.

Joerg_Knoerchen

@weaver sure, anyway I thought it might be something that could be a nice future feature 🙂
    Thank you @scrambler I think it is not worth the effort, I will find a plugin to accommodate that for now…

Weaver
    Keymaster

I kind of think that a membership plugin is the appropriate answer. That would amount to a lot of code for an issue that has been solved quite well by several membership plugins.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.