Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Primary menu: URL boxes disappearing from Custom Links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alanwbaker
    Participant

Yesterday I noticed that some items on the primary menu had become inactive (visible but not clickable). For example, in this menu, custom link Leaders Guide is active, but Ideas, Tools, and Examples is not.

So I looked at the menu structure for the corresponding custom links.  The URL box is present for Leaders Guide, but is now missing for Ideas, Tools, and Examples. Similarly, the URL box has gone missing from some other custom links in the menu hierarchy.

The site is sirinc.org, running WordPress 5.4.2 and Weaver Xtreme Version 4.3.7. Any suggestions?

scrambler

Are the menus created using the WordPress Custom menus (Appearance > MENUS Custom).

If not they should.

If they are and if you go to Appearance menu and select the menu, do the menu item appear to be defined properly?

If they are not, try recreating the menu.

Also just for good measure. Test deactivating All non weaver plugins and see if that makes a difference

alanwbaker
    Participant

Thanks, scrambler. Yes, the menu was configured via Appearance > Customize. The layout uses the recommended SmartMenus option. There’s no other customization and things look as expected there.

Turning off the plugins didn’t help, but this was just one point in time. Other thoughts?

scrambler

“Yes, the menu was configured via Appearance > Customize”

Sorry I had a Typo

I asked if your menu is created using WordPress Custom menus found in Appearance > MENUS.

If so go there and review the menu items definitions and eventually recreate the menu from scratch

alanwbaker
    Participant

Yes, the menu was created via Appearance > Menus. Screenshot here.

When I review the menu hierarchy there, everything looks correct except for the missing URL boxes in some of the custom links. This snippet of the hierarchy shows a normal custom link followed by another custom link with a now-missing URL box.

Are you saying that the existing menu structure was somehow corrupted and needs to be replaced by an altogether new menu structure?

scrambler

If the custom link are missing from the menu boxes, then it obviously became corrupted, and there is no way to know why.

All you can do is fix the menu by adding the missing links again, save and see if they stick or if they disappear again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.