Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme primary home header plus default secondary headers all other pages

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    swmagic999
    Participant

Is it possilble  to set up a standard heading on all pages except home page which has it’s own header?

scrambler

If you mean header image, yes.

In any page editing page, you can select a featured image and then use the page options to set that featured image as a header image replacement.

If you did not mean header image, please be more specific and provide a link to the site to illustrate what are you are speaking of

swmagic999
    Participant

The first solution will work. Can you explain where to set the page option that sets that featured image as a header image replacement.

scrambler

Page editing page > Weaver Xtreme for this page > Layout > Featured image > Header Image replacement

swmagic999
    Participant

That didn’t work.  Then I figured, hey.you need a header before you replace it, so I unchecked ” Show On Home Page Only”.. Nope that didn’t work.

I’ve added this url to the replacement at kirawagner.com/about page.

scrambler

I need a link to the site.

Question

Have you set a regular header image for the whole site?

Have you selected a featured image for the page where you want to replace the header image

swmagic999
    Participant
    1. Yes the regular header image is set for the whole site.

2. I have selected a feature image for he page where you want to replace the header image per your instructions above.(if I followed them correctly).

swmagic999
    Participant

https://kirawagner.com/about and that’s where I’ve placed the url.

scrambler

You site does NOT use a header Image, it uses a SLider.

How did you insert the SLider?

If you used the header Image HTML replacement box, then you need to use the equivalent option in the page editing page > Weaver Xtreme for this page > Xtreme Plus Tab > Header Image Replacement HTML box

swmagic999
    Participant

Yup, you were right.  I wanted a slider originally but now want to backtrack and just use a jpg which works fine for all pages.  But I’ve rechecked my Image replacement and that’s still there in “about” and the url is correct, but it’s still not showing. Why?

scrambler

But I’ve rechecked my Image replacement and that’s still there in “about” and the url is correct, but it’s still not showing. Why?

I am not sure what you are saying here.

Assuming the About page is the one where you are trying to replace the site header image, have you selected a feature image in its page editing page > Featured image box on the right, and is the image showing there (featured image box of the about editing page)?

swmagic999
    Participant

Is this not correct? Ths is on the about page.

scrambler

No, that box is only if you need a different link for the image to link to.

The featured image MUST be selected in the Featured image box at the bottom of the right column in the page editing page.

Leave the Featured image link empty

swmagic999
    Participant

scrambler

It is working now

swmagic999
    Participant

Yes, apologies for not testing.  Thank you!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.