Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Posts in archive

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)
  • Author

njaco278
    Participant

Hey there,

note: I am german native and so its not so easy for me to understand everything written and explanations fpr the theme.

I have kind of love and hate for your theme. it makes me crazy…!

between a few struggels and stuff, that cant be set like i want, there is a main thing at this moment, that i need help with:

why does it put all my posts in archive after a view days? so when one clicks at a category, all the posts are shown on archives page. I dont like that and its not a common automatical functionality in WP. Its bad for google search too, because its shown as “XY archive … 7 days ago” for example.

Please, how can i change this?

Thanks and greatings from Germany

scrambler

I am not sure what you mean by “why does it put all my posts in archive after a view days?”

Archive pages are 100% WordPress.

Archive pages are filters, they show ALL the posts in a specific archive category.

Like a month archive page will show ALL the posts in that month.

A category Archive page will show ALL the post in a specific category

An Author Archive page will sow ALL the posts of that author…

Xtreme lets you create your own “page with posts”, where you can define what posts to show and how to show them.

So you need to explain in many more details exactly what you mean, and provide a link to the pages showing the problem.

Be specific about what pages you created, how you created them, and what pages are automatically created.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You said: “I dont like that and its not a common automatical functionality in WP.”

This is NOT true. This is standard WP functionality. ALL posts from a given category, tag, date, or whatever are displayed – split by how many posts per page you have set.

The blog page shows ALL posts by date, newest first.

njaco278
    Participant

Thanks for replies.

I understand, that generally archive is WP. But its the theme, that handles with it.

I got help with my problem above and the helper managed it with css.

There is an other thing, that I noticed now: in responsive design, when you hold device (both: smartphone or tablet) up vertically, there is zero space (margin/padding?) right and left between page content and end of screen. On my smartphone there is no space holding device horizontally too. On all the other pages i had a look at, there is a few mm space. It looks nicer and its easer to read the text.

(by the way: the “comment” button covers half the “website” field on blog single page)

(I checked my page on samsung devices with firefox browser)

Is there a possibility to change this?

I dont have PLUS. I didnt activate full width for content. only header and footer. As you can see on PC there is actually lots of space left and right.

example: dein-ecoach.de/was-kann-lifterlms

(front page was designed with pagebuilder, so this is why on zhat page is space left and right)

Thaks!

scrambler

1- Right & Left space.

You have set a zero left padding and 1% right padding on content. You can change that in Main Options > COntent Areas > Padding L&R boxes

2- Comment button

Add the rule below in Main Options > FOnts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

#respond .form-submit {margin-top:5px;}

njaco278
    Participant

Dear scrambler,

thanks a lot for your help 😀

There is one other strange thing: one of the latest posts (“Was kann LifterLMS?”), doesnt want to show featured image on Blog-Page Overview. I made absolutely the same settings I made with the other posts.

I already deleted that post, made a new version and published it again. With same result. What could be the matter?

scrambler

A few things to check.

1. If you open the post editing page, do you see a selected featured image in the featured image box at the bottom right?
    2. Is the post that does not show the featured image always the last one, or if you create several new posts, none of them will show the featured image?
    3. If you create a new page with posts with all defaults, so all the featured images show?

The browser developer tools console report many errors in your blog page.

Opening the blog page I see these:

SCRIPT5009: ‘addFieldToCheck’ is undefined
    File: blog, Line: 570, Column: 148
    File: blog, Line: 577, Column: 56
    HTML1506: Unexpected token.
    File: blog, Line: 579, Column: 1
    HTML1503: Unexpected start tag.
    File: blog, Line: 579, Column: 4
    HTML1500: Tag cannot be self-closing. Use an explicit closing tag.
    File: blog, Line: 579, Column: 4
    File: blog, Line: 579, Column: 54
    —————————–

Opening the single post page I also see these:

File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 602, Column: 148
    File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 609, Column: 56
    File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 611, Column: 1
    HTML1503: Unexpected start tag.
    File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 611, Column: 4
    HTML1500: Tag cannot be self-closing. Use an explicit closing tag.
    File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 611, Column: 4
    File: was-kann-lifterlms, Line: 611, Column: 54
    ——-

Not sure if they are relevant to the issue at hand, but they are worth looking into

Of course, check that no plugin is interfering by deactivating ALL non weaver plugins, and see if the problem goes away.

njaco278
    Participant

The Errors didnt have to do witz that issue. They existed because of some unfinished trials with pop ups.

Answers to your points:

1. Yes, the picture is shown there. And it works as header replacement on post-page. only on blog post page it doesnt show up
    2. I created an other post and noticed, that this one hasnt picture as well. So it seems there is an issue with blog page, that wasnt there at the beginning (?)
    3. I created quickly for trial a new blog page, no settings but only with weaver template for page with posts  – and on this one, there was absolutely the same problem

njaco278
    Participant

Oh, and it does an other strange thing:

on category pages

https://dein-ecoach.de/category/onlinekurswerkstatt/

and

https://dein-ecoach.de/category/lifterlms/

It shows that special picture as header replacement, what it shouldnt do! It should be shown the usual main header.

scrambler

There are two featured image settings in a Pots editing page options:

Post Blog/Archive View: Featured Image

and

Single Page View: Featured Image

Can you check what you have in each of these two boxes for the post that present the issue

njaco278
    Participant

I fixed it 🙂

njaco278
    Participant

Me once again…

I put a slider in header with Image HTML Replacement at images>header media (layout)

there it sais “. FI as Header Image has priority over HTML replacement.”

But it doesnt do so. The FI i set for several pages for Header Media Replacement dont show up, since i set the slider in header. So now the slider is header for entire site. Per Page option for a different header image seem not to work. Is there a special setting to be considered?

scrambler

We need a link to a page where you set the FI as header Image replacement, and @weaver can confirm if the priority issue is a bug.

scrambler

@weaver, I made a test, and indeed, the HTML replacement does appear to take priority over the per page FI as header image.

@njaco278 There is a workaround, which is to put the slider inside a show_if shortcode  with the list of page IDs to exclude like

[show_if not_post_id=xxx,yyy,zzz] [slidershortcode] [/show_if]

where xxx yyy zzz … would be a list of all the page Ids to exclude. Syntax of the show_if shortcode is on the Add-ons page (red help bubble)

Weaver
    Keymaster

The documentation for Header HTML Replacement HTML says that FI has priority. It is so arbitrary which should have priority, so I will fix Weaver Xtreme in the next release to have FI have priority as stated in the option description.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The latest version with the priority fixed is available here:

https://weavertheme.com/download/?did=32

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.