Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Post out of Order

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    pasqualerose
    Participant

When I visit one of the post on my website it normally has link options to click on the previous post and the post after it, but it’s not showing links to those posts. It has two other posts instead of the two it should have. Why would that be?

The homepage to the site list the last five post. It has the correct post order listed. The random order occurs when viewing a post.

I first asked this question on the WordPress forum and the moderator their said, “This may be a plugin or theme conflict. Please attempt to disable all plugins, and use one of the default (Twenty*) themes. If the problem goes away, enable them one by one to identify the source of your troubles.”

So I disabled all the plug-ins, except the Weaver plug-ins and I did not disable the theme. The problem didn’t go away.

Do you all have any idea as to why this would be happening? I’m using the Xtreme Plus theme. Is there a box somewhere in the Weaver Xtreme settings I may have accidentally checked at some time?

Thanks.

Pat

scrambler

Please provide a link to your site page showing the problem.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Ops. Important detail.  I meant to do that and forgot to do it. 😊

https://visualverse.thecreationspeaks.com/

Thanks!

scrambler

If you mean the previous next do not seem to match the order of the posts, I am not sure what could cause that.

One thing you can try is go to settings > Permalink, then resave the permalink, in case some are screwed up.

You can also try to change the navigation option in weaver to previous / next and see if that makes a difference.

Also know that the navigation is on ALL posts, not just the category of the one you started with.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Where do I find the navigation option in Weaver to change it to “previous / next ?” That might be the answer.

I’ll try to restate the problem below. It’s a bit confusing, because the navigation buttons are there and they work, but they work incorrectly.

When someone clicks on a post on the homepage they go to the correct post. But on that post page at the top of the post there are the navigation links to go to the previous post or to the next post. The problem is that those links are for the incorrect posts. The link that is supposed to be for the previous post may in reality be for an older post and skip the actual previous post taking somebody to a couple posts past the actual previous post. You can check this by looking at the post dates on the bottom of the posts. I post a photo a day and you’ll see that dates get skipped.

Thanks.

Pat

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Main Options > Post Specifics > Post Navigation > Single page Navigation, you have it on Post title, try previous /next.

But the order should work with both options. The order should be the date order of all the posts.

DO try to resave permalinks, and do make sure you have tried to deactivate ALL non weaver plugins

pasqualerose
    Participant

Got it fixed! Thanks. I had the box checked that said, “Link to Same Categories” that was right under “Single Page Navigation Style.” I must have accidentally checked that last time I was in there or something. I’m really not sure how it happened. πŸ₯΄

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Pat

scrambler

Well I completely forgot weaver added that option at one point. Good reminder πŸ™‚

pasqualerose
    Participant

πŸ‘

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.